Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    F2 cars pass current F1 crash tests. Tethers and all.
    2005 crash tests. Not 2009.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Henry Surtees' tragic accident was a freak at the end of the day, and could have happened to anyone in any series that races cars with open wheels and open cockpits, and IMO is no reflection on F2 as a series, which is a steaming pile of .... and an insult to the history of the name it carries for so many other reasons.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    Henry Surtees' tragic accident was a freak at the end of the day, and could have happened to anyone in any series that races cars with open wheels and open cockpits, and IMO is no reflection on F2 as a series, which is a steaming pile of .... and an insult to the history of the name it carries for so many other reasons.
    Wow, & I frankly find that last sentence an insult to the teams & drivers competing in the series as is now.. How insulting for them & more so for the family of Henry to hear couch critics calling the series a steaming pile.. to use your own 'eloquent' wording.

jmo

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    The series is OK. Very sad that Henry died, really, but as we saw in Budapest, could have happened in any series. Motorsport is dangerous. About the championship itself, it is nice, with a lot of overtaking. They overtook each other in Imola, which was considered impossible for overtaking in F1 - not sure about GP 2. The cars are not pretty as in GP 2, but still cool. And I am happy that I saw formula cars racing at Imola. I miss this track
    Formula 1

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Alas, Andy Soucek is now the champion of the series, and won a free F1 test with Williams for that.