Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

oh, please. nascar's lovefest for keselowski

so apparently there are reports out there that the "second annointed one" wants to move up to cup next year full time and that jr motorsports is looking to move up as well, but they dont know how to do so yet and so rh is looking for ways to get him in his wing....therefore, shr. if tony hires him, he's lost my respect and is a true hendrick suck-up.

what is so great withe everyone's obsession over this kid? i mean winning a fluke race at dega with help from junior and a top ten at darlington makes this person so great? and the only way he wins over the two gibbs regulars in nns is if they wreck each other. and his finishes have been due to pit positions or whatever or poor decisions by other teams namely the 33 with too many different drivers and 99 hasnt been so great lately either. keselowski is seriously overrated!
    the drought is over--may there never be another with 115 races.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh, I don't know. I kind of like Brad. He wouldn't have won at Dega if he hadn't been racing at the front of the pack. Any driver worth his salt would love to finish in the top ten at tricky old Darlington.

Most drivers are either the benefactors of their equipment or victims of it.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by willracefan
    so apparently there are reports out there that the "second annointed one" wants to move up to cup next year full time and that jr motorsports is looking to move up as well, but they dont know how to do so yet and so rh is looking for ways to get him in his wing....therefore, shr. if tony hires him, he's lost my respect and is a true hendrick suck-up.

what is so great withe everyone's obsession over this kid? i mean winning a fluke race at dega with help from junior and a top ten at darlington makes this person so great? and the only way he wins over the two gibbs regulars in nns is if they wreck each other. and his finishes have been due to pit positions or whatever or poor decisions by other teams namely the 33 with too many different drivers and 99 hasnt been so great lately either. keselowski is seriously overrated!
    You obviously don't like Brad because of his Junior connections and you obviously are going to hate Tony for buying his engines and chassis from HMS.

You can do that, and you can be wrong. First off, Brad has been the top non-Cup regular running in the NNS the last year and is second to Leffler this year. He is the best driver in NASCAR not in Cup full time statistically over the last two years. Second, When he does come to Cup, he has to qualify in the go and go home group and does so easily and finishs well. So where you get "overrated" from is a mystery to me. Third, Brad cannot beat the 18 and 20 in NNS but no one else has been able to either, including Carl Edwards or whomever is driving the RCR entry. Some damned good cars are finishing behind the 18 and 20 Gibbs entries. It just might be they have something they have figured out the rest haven't. A good driver can only do so much.

Finally, if you are going to knock Tony if he starts a third team with Brad, go ahead, I dare ya. Tony would be an idiot to spend money he doesn't have to develop his own stuff which might take 3 years to be competitive, or he can pay Hendrick for the best stuff now. Only an IDIOT wouldn't take the best stuff available right now with a start up operation.

I guess you just let personal bias get in the way of logic. That is why, you wont ever own a race team I guess.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think somebody has personal issues. (you for the innuendo impaired)

The truth is Brad K. (too hard to spell his last name) is currently the best racer in Nascar that isn't running Cup full time yet, and based on his average finish in Cup races, better then a fair number of guys already in Cup. No question about that. Obviously he is coming to Cup full-time before long, so the speculation begins.
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2mtt
    I think somebody has personal issues. (you for the innuendo impaired)
    agreed, some people take this stuff waayyyy to seriously.

I really dont give a rats ass anymore about who goes where, who does what. there are more important things happening right now than complaining about Brad why he does/doesn't deserve a rid.

as a fan, stop living in a fantasy that controls it. if Harvick won, he wouldn't give me a portion of the race winnings, neither does any driver.

the only drive I give serious props for is Jeff Gordon (which I don't know if this is true or not, heard it from another board) is paying the employees at hendrick so they dont get laid off. (geeeezzzz I with my CEO would've done that instead of saying, times are tough so heres the pink slip).
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Senior Member The instant classic's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    for me i never heard or though Brad was that great, untill dega and got his name out there for me, even after that race i was like, ah its dega this loser won big deal, but now after watching him in NNS i started to take back my words, and saw this kid could race!
    i dont think hes overated hes just starting to get his name out there now,thats not overated, but for overated drivers?i say lets leave this topic and come back in 5 years and see how well Brad is doing then, we will know if hes overated or not? but i always said jr is very overated but i leave that for someother time and topic :
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    agreed, some people take this stuff waayyyy to seriously.
    True. One thing I really dislike is people who are active enemies of a driver/team. If your favorite part of racing is seeing your hated driver fail, rather then seeing your favorites do well, I think you have real issues.

I really dont give a rats ass anymore about who goes where, who does what. there are more important things happening right now than complaining about Brad why he does/doesn't deserve a rid.
    Problem is, most of these big important things happening, we can't do a thing about. There's no way we personally can change Iran or Obama or injustice or corruption. So we might as well discuss stuff we enjoy.

as a fan, stop living in a fantasy that controls it. if Harvick won, he wouldn't give me a portion of the race winnings, neither does any driver.
    The way I look at it, it is all entertainment. (Although sports are real, not contrived like wresting & "reality" shows) It is an escape from the tough real world we deal with everyday. You follow it, have fun with it, but make sure you don't let it negatively affect your real life.

Good luck with your job search. Caterpillar makes great machines, but if they don't want you, I'm sure you can find something else. Just keep looking, keep a good attitude, and don't be afraid to try new things.
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    You obviously don't like Brad because of his Junior connections and you obviously are going to hate Tony for buying his engines and chassis from HMS.

You can do that, and you can be wrong. First off, Brad has been the top non-Cup regular running in the NNS the last year and is second to Leffler this year. He is the best driver in NASCAR not in Cup full time statistically over the last two years. Second, When he does come to Cup, he has to qualify in the go and go home group and does so easily and finishs well. So where you get "overrated" from is a mystery to me. Third, Brad cannot beat the 18 and 20 in NNS but no one else has been able to either, including Carl Edwards or whomever is driving the RCR entry. Some damned good cars are finishing behind the 18 and 20 Gibbs entries. It just might be they have something they have figured out the rest haven't. A good driver can only do so much.

Finally, if you are going to knock Tony if he starts a third team with Brad, go ahead, I dare ya. Tony would be an idiot to spend money he doesn't have to develop his own stuff which might take 3 years to be competitive, or he can pay Hendrick for the best stuff now. Only an IDIOT wouldn't take the best stuff available right now with a start up operation.

I guess you just let personal bias get in the way of logic. That is why, you wont ever own a race team I guess.

guess what, where does harvick go if he doesnt re-sign with rcr for 11' if brad takes that third shr car? that would be some friend tony is. there, there's my reasoning.
    the drought is over--may there never be another with 115 races.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The instant classic
    for me i never heard or though Brad was that great, untill dega and got his name out there for me, even after that race i was like, ah its dega this loser won big deal, but now after watching him in NNS i started to take back my words, and saw this kid could race!
    i dont think hes overated hes just starting to get his name out there now,thats not overated, but for overated drivers?i say lets leave this topic and come back in 5 years and see how well Brad is doing then, we will know if hes overated or not? but i always said jr is very overated but i leave that for someother time and topic :
    I guess you haven't been watching much racing then. Keseloski has been an obvious man on the way up for the better part of two years.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    guess what, where does harvick go if he doesnt re-sign with rcr for 11' if brad takes that third shr car? that would be some friend tony is. there, there's my reasoning.
    Harvick isn't depending on Tony to get him a ride, and furthermore, I suspect Harvick isn't going anywhere.

That said, I don't think Kevin Harvick would take it as an insult if Tony put Brad K in a car because Hendrick wants to keep Brad in the Hendrick sphere of influence and he likely would be helping Tony fund the ride over at Stewart Haas.