Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2mtt
    This years lineup at Infineon doesn't show any bias at all towards the "road" experts... not even guys like Gordon & Stewart. I think all of the Nascar drivers have been working on being good all-around drivers in recent years. (The only oval front-runner who still hasn't seemed to adapt to road coursed is Carl Edwards.)]

Tough break for Scott Speed, DNQ. His first year in the Cup hasn't been very kind to him.
    Speed had a time going that would have gotten him in, but with his teammate on pole he was really on it and lost it. People keep thinking Speed being an ex f1 guy should be up front, but he isn't still used to this car, and his aggressive f1 attitude wont work in this car.

The "ringers" or road racers from outside the regular Cup rides were not wasting time on qualifying setups likely. With the go and go home list, most of the top guys like Said, Fellows and Carpentier who don't have regular rides I suspect were working on making the car comfortable on long runs and looking to use their natural ability to be faster than the few go and go home guys who are not necessarily road racers.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_spackman
    Want a bigger bulkier version of BTCC? Im sure the V8 Supercars could give you that fix better than NASCAR can!!

I caught a view of a road course with the NASCAR boys and was amused as to how frigid a few of them were on the corners. Well if your used to going round in circles them im sure it can be a bit daunting
    like everyone has said before, V8SC and NASCAR are different things. V8SC are designed for the road courses, whilst NASCARs are designed for constant speeeeeeeeeeed. (although Marcos ambrose looks a good bet today)

I love sonoma its a great track like everyone else has said-loved playing it on Gran Turismo 4 (even if that game is lame) and NASCAR09.

not looking foward to the yellows but hey what can you do.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Qualifying at Infeneon.

A regular NASCAR driver with only one Cup win to his credit is sitting on the pole. His teammate, a former F1 driver, had to buy his way into the field.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It made it exciting to watch but why werent the drivers allowed 2 laps for qualifying? Felt so sorry for Speed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Two laps would take twice as long.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    Two laps would take twice as long.
    I'd prefer actual road racing qualies, have groups out there on 7-10 minute runs
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We'd all rather have that.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't know if this still happens, but in the Nationwide series, they would send out groups of 5 cars to run as many laps as they could in a given time (i think it was 5 minutes) the slowest cars in practice went first and progressivly got to the fastest cars. i liked that format.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    your correct, the NWS runs proper Qualies with the groups. now why the sprint cup doesn't do it baffles me
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    Qualifying at Infeneon.

A regular NASCAR driver with only one Cup win to his credit is sitting on the pole. His teammate, a former F1 driver, had to buy his way into the field.
    why was that i wonder??
    the big print giveth the small print taketh