Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

NASCAR drivers on road courses??

Just curious as to how well NASCAR drivers do on road courses?
    the big print giveth the small print taketh

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_spackman
    Just curious as to how well NASCAR drivers do on road courses?
    Well enough to win.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A lot of them have been fairly successful at outracing the road course "ringers" on a consistent basis.

Did I mention how much I love the road course races?
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1329
    A lot of them have been fairly successful at outracing the road course "ringers" on a consistent basis.
    When NASCAR started going to Riverside in the 1960's, Dan Gurney and/or Parnelli Jones used to show up every year and take the win. The last time an non-regular, road course "ringer" showed up and won a NASCAR Cup race on a road course was Mark Donohue in 1973 (I think it was '73, I can't access my references right now).

That was the last time that the NASCAR Cup regulars lost to a "ringer" until Juan Pablo Montoya won at Infeneon a couple of years ago in his rookie year, (that is, if you wanted to consider Montoya a "ringer").

There have been instances of "ringers" winning in the Nationwide series. Ron Fellows won several Nationwide races at the Glen.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Im very interested to see Nascar on a road course.

I've only been interested in NASCAR for a few months, but already loving it. and as my first road course watching experience, I hope it will be good-like a bigger bulkier version of BTCC, but hopefully funnier.

Im cheering on Montoya this weekend as an F1 fan I want a former F1 driver how good F1 drivers are.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    Im very interested to see Nascar on a road course.

I've only been interested in NASCAR for a few months, but already loving it. and as my first road course watching experience, I hope it will be good-like a bigger bulkier version of BTCC, but hopefully funnier.

Im cheering on Montoya this weekend as an F1 fan I want a former F1 driver how good F1 drivers are.
    The racing is great the cars as always look so good but the full course cautions are very annoying as you'll see.Nascar dont understand the concept of locailised yellows which is a shame.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    When NASCAR started going to Riverside in the 1960's, Dan Gurney and/or Parnelli Jones used to show up every year and take the win. The last time an non-regular, road course "ringer" showed up and won a NASCAR Cup race on a road course was Mark Donohue in 1973 (I think it was '73, I can't access my references right now).

That was the last time that the NASCAR Cup regulars lost to a "ringer" until Juan Pablo Montoya won at Infeneon a couple of years ago in his rookie year, (that is, if you wanted to consider Montoya a "ringer").

There have been instances of "ringers" winning in the Nationwide series. Ron Fellows won several Nationwide races at the Glen.
    I don't really consider JPM a ringer since he's a series regular. I know Fellows won in what was the Busch series. Pruett gets mighty close sometimes but Fellows and Boris haven't been much of a factor more recently.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Love the road course races. Was at Sonoma a few years ago at the top of turn 2 and it was funny to see Tony's car go by successivly more and more dented in as the race went on. I think a crazed version of BTC is a good comparison.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1329
    I don't really consider JPM a ringer since he's a series regular. I know Fellows won in what was the Busch series. Pruett gets mighty close sometimes but Fellows and Boris haven't been much of a factor more recently.
    I believe if they were in top equipment they would be very strong. if wasn't the cars that normally killed their chances, it was the crews. Pruett may had the only best shot because he was with Ganassi. but Robby has great road course cars but his crew dooms him everytime
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hey, I'm a fan of Robby, Boris, Fellows, (but not Pruett) and many others from the road racing group. However, I think that Jeff Gordon and Tony would be the favorites in any Nascar road race. They have as much road racing talent as the others. Rusty was pretty good also.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente