Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts

Question Your current thoughts on the COT?

I've kept an open mind, erring towards wanting it to succeed.

I think its worth

It's been a difficult car to set up right and there's constant talk of wanting to get clean air but I think its shown that it can produce good races.

What are your thoughts then and now?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It Blows then, It Blows now.

next question
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don'thate it like some fans, but I felt the racing was better with the old car. Drivers seemed to like it alot more also.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The COT is still fugly and it's done nothing to improve the racing. It seems to be more durable and drivers have applauded the safety aspects of it which is a good thing. When it was ready to be put into service Chad Knaus contended that the old car could've been altered to achieve the same results.

If NASCAR was smart and teams had the resources they'd let the crew chiefs tweak one of their cars to their hearts' content just to see if they could do a better job. I'm not talking about a COT that they're racing but a sort of sample car that they could test. My money would be on the crew chiefs to come up wth a car that raced and handled better.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Senior Member The instant classic's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i dont like the COT car but its gonna be around for along time, so trying to get use to it
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    On the first few goals I think it's a success.
    1. Safety No question (between CoT, HANS & SAFER racing is definately safer.)
    2. Equalize competition between mftrs.
    3. Durability. These cars hit the wall and continue like the old ones never did. Teams are making do with fewer chassis.

Needs work on handling at some tracks. With the old cars (and in other race series) if the car is off in handling and the crew can't find the right settings, you could usually dial it back and find a slower "comfortable" setup. As in the saying "If you're comfortable in the car you're not going fast enough." With the CoT, if it's not running right there's not necessarily a slower safe setting to go to.
    They need to add some adjustability. Maybe driver adjustable swaybar(s). Formula & Sports have it, it can't be that expensive to add to the CoT.

Also the CoT is favoring drivers who like a real loose setup (Kyle Busch, Jimmie Johnson, Carl Edwards) over drivers who prefer a neutral or tight setup (Jeff Gordon, DE jr, Kevin Harvick, Ryan Newman)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like the looks of the COT & it is safer ...
    it is here to stay, so I try not to think about whether I like it or not.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The COT is a great idea with awful execution. I'm all for standardizing the chassis, but i'm 100% against standardizing the body.

NASCAR doesn't seem to know what they want from it either. They built it to punch a big hole in the air which makes it draft well at Talladega, but at a downforce track it'll amplify aeropush.

Adding front downforce won't do much to correct the problem. As soon as the car gets in traffic the push will be worse than before.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    What would be an ideal way to deal with aeropush?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    getting rid of the rear wing for starters
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)