Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    great drive by Kahne he outraced the big boys who are suppose to be upfront and win.

off topic, but someone in Nascar needs to have Boris Said's racing license. hes become such a huge joke and wrecks everyone, he had to have been involved in about 15 incidents today.

I'm not a fan of Sonoma because its more than a demo derby than a race, maybe if they went back to the sports car course, the racing would be better. I'm a huge fan of road racing, but this is a bad track unless they use the correct version of the track.
    I liked the old configuration too, harv. There were more opportunities to pass and it was more interesting IMO.

I like Boris but he was a menace out there today. Anyway, congrats to Kasey and the #9 team!
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Think what you want but watching NASCAR on a road course most of the time is like watching a parade with lots of turns.
    and the IRL right now isn't last I saw, there was alot more passing in this race than every race the IRL has held at Sonoma
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thought the race was pretty good, quite a lot of genuine passing.

I thought with 10 to go and JPM sitting 3rd he was gonna take the win, can't believe he dropped back to ?6th. Ambrose had a great run and strategy to come from the back to third, but again was surprised on the last few restarts he wasn't able to run closer to the 9 and 14. Shame for Kyle and Brian, throughout thought they were on the right strategy and had a shot at the win until the accident that involved them both.

As to the number of crashes - I was shocked at the number of blatant 'take outs' that happened. Why didn't NASCAR penalize the drivers? If you spin someone out, you drop behind them when they get restarted. Enforcing that a few times would make everyone drive a bit tidier and greatly improve the racing.

All that said, well done to the 9 crew and the 14 team for great driving particularly at the end. Good fun to watch!

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Think what you want but watching NASCAR on a road course most of the time is like watching a parade with lots of turns.
    I think IRL can be just as worse. No one does anything because of fuel conservation so they wait for the round of stops to play out. But at least NASCAR makes up for its parades with some bumping and banging.

Anyway I like both series.

Quote Originally Posted by Oli_M
    As to the number of crashes - I was shocked at the number of blatant 'take outs' that happened. Why didn't NASCAR penalize the drivers? If you spin someone out, you drop behind them when they get restarted. Enforcing that a few times would make everyone drive a bit tidier and greatly improve the racing.
    Agreed.

Great drive from Ambrose. Being out-muscled by Smoke and JPM going backwards in the final laps just shows NASCAR has quality road racers

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oli_M
    It seemed like the majority of these "blatant" takeouts were done by Boris Said. He may be super skilled at sports cars, but he was driving into the corners WAY too fast all day, then pinballing off other cars to make the corner.
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    I think IRL can be just as worse.
    The IRL is a joke.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't like it? Don't watch it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1329
    Don't like it? Don't watch it.
    Yep.

Although, if he's a fan of Danica, he'll probably be watching NASCAR next year . . . . . but probably just the qualifying.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    Yep.

Although, if he's a fan of Danica, he'll probably be watching NASCAR next year . . . . . but probably just the qualifying.
    More likely ARCA. But on the other hand, Nationwide sometimes has "field fillers".
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    More likely ARCA. But on the other hand, Nationwide sometimes has "field fillers".
    There was some discussion about Danica by the TV talking heads over the weekend. The consensus seemed to be that she'd have to pay her dues and start in ARCA or the NNS series.