Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CMR Help

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Cummins
    This is such a nice game. There is a lot more attack in it, in comparison to CMR2. Why is there not so many skins available for it though? Are they difficult/impossible to create or are people just not bothered because its an old game?

If enough people had the game, this would make a nice forum championship.
    Good point, and I'm right with you.
    The add-on cars on the CMR1 fansite are either straight repaints of the defaults, or if they ARE custom cars they seem to be BASED upon the defaults, like the Seat Cordoba WRC that has ghostly extensions that suggest it uses the Impreza WRC as a basis (same with the Skoda Octavia, that looks like bits of the Lancer Evo4), all of which gives me the impression that they are 'difficult', but seeing just three examples doesn't confirm it one way or the other.

It would be nice if we could pick the brains of someone who originally programmed this game........

I'll dig out my RAC idea from a few years ago and present it on here. It uses the night-time FX and fog FX cheats, combined with the "run stages in the opposite direction" cheat, on the UK stages.
    "I rolled......................I retired"

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProductionCup
    Good point, and I'm right with you.
    The add-on cars on the CMR1 fansite are either straight repaints of the defaults, or if they ARE custom cars they seem to be BASED upon the defaults, like the Seat Cordoba WRC that has ghostly extensions that suggest it uses the Impreza WRC as a basis (same with the Skoda Octavia, that looks like bits of the Lancer Evo4), all of which gives me the impression that they are 'difficult', but seeing just three examples doesn't confirm it one way or the other.
    I reckon that that is more likely. It may be possible to remodel the whole car textures now, what with new programmes and all, but people may have forgotten about this game now.

Quote Originally Posted by ProductionCup
    I'll dig out my RAC idea from a few years ago and present it on here. It uses the night-time FX and fog FX cheats, combined with the "run stages in the opposite direction" cheat, on the UK stages.
    Sounds good to me. Let's hear it
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam