Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: best gp ever?

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erki
    Where do you get that impression?
    I don't know if you are also from Estonia (your profile doesn't say), if so will you and your fellow Estonians please accept my apologies. The remark was aimed at one particular Estonian.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Any race at Spa!!!
    2008 NASCAR CUP SCRAMBLE CHAMPION

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Silverstone 1987 for me.

Why, simply for Mansell's superhuman performance to reel in Piquet at the end of Hangar straight with probably the best overtaking manouvere i have ever seen
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    The best grand prix I've seen recently was France 2004.
    MS on an improvised four stopper, and RB passing JT(I think) at the last corner of the final lap for P3
    May the forza be with you

Quote Originally Posted by DazzlaF1
    Silverstone 1987 for me.

Why, simply for Mansell's superhuman performance to reel in Piquet at the end of Hangar straight with probably the best overtaking manouvere i have ever seen
    Not being one for the Mansell-Mania, wasn't that not so much a 'superhuman' performance as a 'fresh set of tyres' performance?

The over-taking manouvere was, in no inconsiderable part, down to the fact that Nelson's tyres were shot, where as Nigel's set had only done half the distance.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Spa '95

Damon Hill was outdriven by Schumi on a wet Spa. Schumi (dry) managed to hold off Hill (wets).

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzie
    Any race at Spa!!!
    Good answer!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Spa '95

Damon Hill was outdriven by Schumi on a wet Spa. Schumi (dry) managed to hold off Hill (wets).
    And even damaged Hills car trying to block him, what a sportsman!

Anyway theres a lot of 30's grand prixs I'd love to have seen. Simply how great the mixture of the drivers, the circuits and the cars were.

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    The best grand prix I've seen recently was France 2004.
    MS on an improvised four stopper, and RB passing JT(I think) at the last corner of the final lap for P3
    lol are you serious? even if your a die-hard schumi fan there are many better races which he won that france 04!! How long have you been watching F1 for?

Anyway, I find it hard to pick. In the past decade or so which I can remember, I'd maybe go for Nurb 99 when Herbert won in a Stewart, that was a classic race, or maybe even Silverstone 01 (? When rubens won it anyway). Spa 98 was pretty immense too. These are all wet weather races, but they do tend to add some more excitment to the races. Saying that, Nurb 98 in the dry with Mika doing a Michael on Michael was mighty impressive.

I don't think you can pick one race to be honest. I'm probably forgetting loads here!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    Not being one for the Mansell-Mania, wasn't that not so much a 'superhuman' performance as a 'fresh set of tyres' performance?

The over-taking manouvere was, in no inconsiderable part, down to the fact that Nelson's tyres were shot, where as Nigel's set had only done half the distance.
    OK, so yes, the new tyres were a factor, but how far behind was he after he put new boots on? Surely the effect of new tyres, the rate he was using them, would have meant that, when he caught Piquet, their tyres should have been fairly comparable. After all, Mansell broke the lap record almost every lap, so he wasn't hanging about, was he?

Anyway, that's probably my best GP, or maybe Hungary 1989......
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.