Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: best gp ever?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Post best gp ever?

thats right

its quite a cliche i think, but ive never actually seen it asked as long as ive been a member.

so yeah, whats you fav race?
    nowhere fast.

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Brazil 2006 - SchuM's last one.

:
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    I wish I could have been at the 1933 Monaco GP. A race long duel between Nuvolari (Alfa) and Varzi (Bugatti) resolved on the last lap when Nuvolari's engine let go. There were at leas 17 lead changes. With the short Monaco track, you would have seen the duelling pair come past 100 times. To be pedantically correct their duel only lasted 97 of the 100 laps as it took Nuvolari 3 laps to get up from 4th place to challenge Varzi.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    I wish I could have been at the the A.D. 67 Olympic Games where the Roman Emperor Nero raced a ten-horse chariot and nearly died after being thrown from it, but was crowned Olympic Champion nevertheless.

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    You ill-mannered little git!

Don't they know in Estonia that Grand Prix racing started in 1906, not on May 13th 1950? Or do they simply believe the revisionist history pushed out by the people who make a fortune out of the 'Formula 1 TV show'?
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    1971 Italian GP, Monza

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Type
    You ill-mannered little git!

Don't they know in Estonia that Grand Prix racing started in 1906, not on May 13th 1950? Or do they simply believe the revisionist history pushed out by the people who make a fortune out of the 'Formula 1 TV show'?
    I was just saying where I'd like to be... : Wrong thread?

As to your question... I guess we all know that the view that everything started in 1950 is very common indeed. The propaganda has been effective. But I know better, 'cause I read History and Nostalgia, see?

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

???

Quote Originally Posted by D-Type
    Where do you get that impression?
    .................................................. ..................................................

Can't say if it was the 'best' ever, because I didn't see any pre-78, but from the ones I have seen, which is every one since then.....

French GP 1979.

Not just because of the classic ding-dong battle between Villenueve & Arnoux, but also because it was the first victory for the works Renault team with their turbo engine. The F1 world would never be the same again.

For unpredictabilty, the 1982 Monaco GP has got to be mentioned.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by studiose
    I wish I could have been at the the A.D. 67 Olympic Games where the Roman Emperor Nero raced a ten-horse chariot and nearly died after being thrown from it, but was crowned Olympic Champion nevertheless.
    The best race was held in the Stone Age and soon it will be archeologically proved!