Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Edwards vs Toseland

Whats the beef between these two?
    edlalu rides his cbr600f4i everyday!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edlalu
    Whats the beef between these two?
    James went behind Colin's (and Tech3's) back and stole his crewchief. Toseland, I believe, would like to end the feud but Colin appears to be prospering rom it so I'd expect it to continue rom his side.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    James went behind Colin's (and Tech3's) back and stole his crewchief. Toseland, I believe, would like to end the feud but Colin appears to be prospering rom it so I'd expect it to continue rom his side.

That is the reported version anyway as other versions have put Poncharal as the instigator to the whole move and Toseland not complaining. Interestingly enough there were even some reports I had read that had Edwards had full knowledge of the teams intentions well before anything happened.

To me though what has happened is childish from Edwards and whilst wishing no ill will on him, personally I am over his self righteous posturing on the matter.

As for Toseland, I feel sorry for him as to me he is/was the better prospect of the two yet is suffering at the hands of Edwards mind games, the public who generally favour Mr NiceGuy Edwards and of course the weight of the British media expecting Toseland to be the next Sheene.

Garry

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gco0307
    That is the reported version anyway as other versions have put Poncharal as the instigator to the whole move and Toseland not complaining. ............................................

To me though what has happened is childish from Edwards and whilst wishing no ill will on him, personally I am over his self righteous posturing on the matter.

Garry

Hang about..........Sure Edwards spat the dummy over what happened but I've not previously seen or heard of any articles or comments from Poncharal re him instigating the move nor do I believe that Edwards' version has ever been disputed by Toseland.

Does that not tell you something?

Regardless, if the press did not keep asking Edwards about the matter and the rift between them then Edwards would not need to comment any further.

If Toseland has the ability to beat Edwards then he should get on with it like the pro he is. If, as you imply, the incident is still messing with his mind then he should get a grip.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Richardson
    Hang about..........Sure Edwards spat the dummy over what happened but I've not previously seen or heard of any articles or comments from Poncharal re him instigating the move nor do I believe that Edwards' version has ever been disputed by Toseland.

Does that not tell you something?

Regardless, if the press did not keep asking Edwards about the matter and the rift between them then Edwards would not need to comment any further.

If Toseland has the ability to beat Edwards then he should get on with it like the pro he is. If, as you imply, the incident is still messing with his mind then he should get a grip.

I recall an article where Poncharal admitted that it was his idea and he mentioned it to Toseland first as he saw Toseland as the longer term prospect.

As for Edwards, I have also seen reports where he was not asked about the issue but brings it up when answering unrelated questions (ie. always dropping about new crew chief, team-mates performance etc) so he is not entirely innocent in regards to the issue continuing in the media. Edwards has been around long enough to know how to say something to get further bites and is very good at playing the media as he is well known for giving quotes.

But, you are correct in that Toseland need to get on with it as this is a big business sport and in business people are nasty. It is up to him to prove that he belongs and he should not expect favours from anyone. If he fails to come to terms than he will not be around, simple.

To me, I still say that both are hanging onto it for difefrent re3asons. Toseland because it is in his face and he has to confront it each and every time as so far results have not shown the decision as correct, Edwards because he uses it as motivation

Garry

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I seem to remember hearing JT say that it wasn't a behind his back move or his own decision. Colin does like to spit his dummy oot sometimes and act a bit like a child who's been told that he can't have a new toy and I think it's time they got over it and acted like team mates again.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Race commentators mentioned a rumour that Edwards could return to WSBK in 2010, IMO I don't think he has anything to contribute to WSBK now. He doesn't have the passion, skill and mental toughness that Troy Bayliss never lost. I think Toseland will return to WSBK too eventually but probably not next year if the rumour about Edwards is true.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Riders with background starting from smaller classes of motogp tend to be more successful than those switching from different championship such as SBK, or BSB. Nicky Hayden might be an exception, but he has spent crucial years of learning season on main factory team before winning a title, although he has been being back struggle thereafter.

Perhaps, Toseland and Edwards problem whose their background were from the same championship need couple years of adjustment before finding out the right rhythm of competing motogp. Edwards has more experience than Toseland, and hence he can be sometimes concerned better than Toseland. Toseland might need more times for adjustment, but it shouldn’t exceed a season of learning if he has the right skill and mental up for a worthy meaningful rider of motogp.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gco0307
    That is the reported version anyway as other versions have put Poncharal as the instigator to the whole move and Toseland not complaining. Interestingly enough there were even some reports I had read that had Edwards had full knowledge of the teams intentions well before anything happened.

As for Toseland, I feel sorry for him as to me he is/was the better prospect of the two yet is suffering at the hands of Edwards mind games, the public who generally favour Mr NiceGuy Edwards and of course the weight of the British media expecting Toseland to be the next Sheene.

Garry
    I haven't read/heard anything other than Edwards technician apologetically telling him that it was organised that he would join forces with Toseland this year. Perhaps Poncharal was in on it but I don't believe that Colin had any idea from any information I've seen but then perhaps you're a better scourer of the internet than I.

I do agree that Edwards should just get over it though. What's done is done and his still carrying on is childish.

My sympathy for JT is limited. He made his bed, he has to by man enough to lie in it. Said that, he's had a horror start with crashes and injuries so hopefully things are on an even keel for him now and he can prove what he's made of.

Quote Originally Posted by chac47
    Race commentators mentioned a rumour that Edwards could return to WSBK in 2010, IMO I don't think he has anything to contribute to WSBK now. He doesn't have the passion, skill and mental toughness that Troy Bayliss never lost. I think Toseland will return to WSBK too eventually but probably not next year if the rumour about Edwards is true.
    I think you sell Colin short, Sue. He's still scoring fairly regular top 5-6 MotoGP finishes and I think he definatley still has what it takes to be a WSB frontrunner. The only question would be his hunger to step 'down' to WSB given his desire is to remain in MotoGP.
    Get off my lawn

[quote="NinjaMaster"]

I would have put his stats at 7-9 but I may be wrong there. I agree with your comment on another thread that a move to WSBK for Nicky Hayden would be something to look forward to (I've not heard any rumours so far tho').