Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    Rubens and Ross are the common denominators and unlike the Ferrari era, there is no evidence that any driver is favoured at Brawn.

It isn't a case that Rubens was great at Ferrari and rubbish at Brawn. He is probably as on top of his game as he ever was and has shown some great racing this year now he has a fair crack at the whip. It's just that Jenson is doing a better job in a similar way to DC during his McLaren years.
    Of course now, when Button is trashing Barrichello, RB is "in the form of his life". : I guess DC was performing at his very best in 2008 as well. And quite interesting is that "favouring" part. Surely, when in Ferrari Michael was given "another strategy" to beat Rubens, you would have said he was favoured? :

I'm afraid that with all those arguments you're trying to suppose Button is better than M. Schumacher! Let's all hail the new best driver of all times - Button! Who would have thought last year this guy is gonna be an all-time legend!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Of course now, when Button is trashing Barrichello, RB is "in the form of his life". : And quite interesting is that "favouring" part. Surely, when in Ferrari Michael was given "another strategy" to beat Rubens, you would have said he was favoured? : I'm afraid that with all those arguments you're trying to suppose Button is better than M. Schumacher! Let's all hail the new best driver of all times - Button! Who would have thought last year this guy is gonna be an all-time legend!!
    Come on Jens. I never said that did I?

As a natural racing driver I hold Schumacher in the highest esteem. However, he has other strengths that enhanced his natural ability such as the way he managed to model a team around him which is another trait Jenson has.

Fortunatly, jenson differs from Schumy in other areas but no point going into that and I don't think anyone will argue that Schumacher was favoured at Ferrari and Rubens had to defer to his #1

However, I can understand how people that haven't followed Jenson for years are amazed at this sudden turn of speed. I must confess to beginning to lose faith a bit myself last year but always believed that given a competent car, he would shatter peoples perception and shock a few people.

After all, even Brawn said he couldn't understand the esteem the ex Honda employees held him in until he started working with Jenson so perhaps we can forgive you "lesser" mortals

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Nope, I was reading it between the lines. Because if we put together claim A - "Rubens is as good as ever" - and factor B - "Jenson is beating Rubens by a bigger margin than Michael did" -, then it would appear that JB is driving better than MS did, if RB's level has remained at least the same.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    that assumes the car fits RB equally as it does with JB---which is seldom possible since both have different driving styles.

Clearly car design and set up can favor one driver over another--

Indeed, even engine mapping can favor one over another, as well as different gear ratios and so forth.

If everyone were put in identical cars with identical everything, some cars would still favor some drivers over overs because of different drving styles

A few years ago I saw an in-depth anaylsis of MS and RB driving at Suzaka---for example, due to RB's braking with his right foot, it was costing at least .5 seconds per lap due to that factor alone

OTOH, RB carried better corner speeds in some corners and had higher exit speeds and acceleration earlier from those corners --and those corners seemed to favor how he drives---- which was overall giving him slightly better lap times than MS during the last practice before Qing (and if I remeber correctly, RB was almsot identical in Qing or maybe beat him--I don't remeber
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    But you imply that and you think that. We all know you have a huge soft spot for Jenson so don't try to hide.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Nope, I was reading it between the lines. Because if we put together claim A - "Rubens is as good as ever" - and factor B - "Jenson is beating Rubens by a bigger margin than Michael did" -, then it would appear that JB is driving better than MS did, if RB's level has remained at least the same.
    Well spotted!

Tell us Knockie who's better MS or JB?!
    Or maybe we should wait until Jenson wins 90 races and 7 titles and than you'll give us the answer? :
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Stone the Crows!! This discussion is heading in a strange direction considering the thread is about donkeys.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We can say that MS did a better job than RB did even with the team ordes business. I don't think anyone will dispute that.

It is also evident that JB is doing a better job than RB in equal machinary with no team orders. However, I wont say that nobody will dispute that because some people can't accept facts

Now, some people will say that Rubens was a racing God when at Ferrari but since leaving, has turned into a Donkey to such an extent that he is slower than NP. That may be true but all the evidence suggests he is still blindingly quick and has been pushing Jenson hard.

As for whether JB is comparable with Schumy, I don't have an opinion as yet. It will be interesting to see how the next couple of years go if he continues to have a competitive car.