Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    Kubica's crash at Montreal was enough to prove to me that F1's crash standards are more than adequate.

All this arguement about whether the DP01 was or wasn't designed to be used on ovals was put to rest long ago, the tub WAS, and then the same tub which is the basis for the superleague car had ADDITIONAL side impact reinforcements added, which could have been added to the existing DP01 tubs. IIRC the side intrusion modifications were little more than additional layers of CF bonded to the tubs. The SL car was designed at the same time alongside the DP01. Anyone remember the pictures EVoMATT posted of the two sitting alongside one another? We didnt' know what the car with the airbox was at the time but speculation arose that it was an IRL spec car until we learned it was for a new european series. It's not like a CF tub has never had additions or modifications made to it. The dallara has had just that several times. They are called "UPDATES". That thing was a total swine when they first put it on a road course. The DP01 oval areo and suspension kits were never produced or tested because they weren't needed for the 07 season. We've SEEN the IRL oval kit for the DP-01, and I agree, it looked pretty sharp.

Anyway, has anyone heard more about the actual topic of the thread????
    Have we seen the IRL oval Kit for the DP-01? Did I miss something or was it an artist impression that someone did?

The pics that EVoMatt posted where of a superleague show car. This was built well before the actual car was and looked nothing like the fnal result.

Not sure what's going on at Elan. The Haas audit has been done. I heard that Haas had loned EMT a few million $ to get the Champ Car design/build going in return for getting the spares deal. I guess when Champ Car went south EMT owed Haas? Just speculating.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have never heard of an update kit for the DP-01 for ANY series.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by indycool
    No offense, but the world isn't limited to things you've heard of.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    None taken. But I haven't.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by indycool
    Quote Originally Posted by MDS
    Does that mean you konw of one then?

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MDS
    There was never any official EMT/Panoz update to IRL spec for the DP-01 apart from adapting the wind tunnel model as a 'look see' for interest more than anything else.