Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Double File Restarts

From Jayski

Double-File restarts at Pocono? NASCAR distributed proposals to crew chiefs regarding possible procedures for double-file restarts which could be introduced as early as Pocono Raceway next week. The proposal states all starts will be double file. The race leader will have his choice of which lane to use for the restart. The third-place car will always start in the inside lane. There will be no changes in the free pass or "lucky dog," and cars that are one lap down can choose not to pit, therefore regaining a lap during a caution. The new rule appears to be a work in progress but Pocono is a 2.5-miler with plenty of space and opportunity to figure it out

Sounds like NASCAR might actually listen to public opinion on this one amazing!

Not sure how the lapped cars not pitting thing will work

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
    Not sure how the lapped cars not pitting thing will work[/B]
    I hope they don't do like Formula One or Indy Car racing does with lapped cars behind the pace car but ahead of the leader. They wave them past the pace car and let them make their lap up. It's like the "Lucky Dog" on steroids.

But I'm glad that NASCAR's hopefully going to the double-file restart. It's a great idea.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    finally nascar is about to do something right maybe.

but as for the wave around, Dover was a perfect example. all the drivers that pitted on before the caution would stay out after the leaders pitted, all of them are waved around to the tail-end of the field but not allowed to pit, and the race resumes
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    finally nascar is about to do something right maybe.

but as for the wave around, Dover was a perfect example. all the drivers that pitted on before the caution would stay out after the leaders pitted, all of them are waved around to the tail-end of the field but not allowed to pit, and the race resumes

So you're a fan of the "Lucky Dog" rule?
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    So you're a fan of the "Lucky Dog" rule?
    of course not, I'm happy Nascar may get the double file-lead lap car restart correct. I think it will make the racing alot better and can really spice things up for the finish.

I was and still a fan of the "racing back to the line" rule
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think double file restarts will penalise unfairly the race leader.Say he has a comfortable 5 second lead when caution comes out,under the current restart with racey cars on the inside,the leader (and maybe 2nd) will often get away from the pack and almost restore quite rightly his well earned lead,this will be totally wiped out now.Will it make the racing less exciting,some drivers may now just sit back in 4th or 5th not pushing to catch the leader and just wait for the caution to close the gap.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I say keep the single-file resets, let the lapped cars get in the way, but ditch the lucky dog.

(I would prefer giving the lucky dog only to the first lapped car in line directly behind the leader, and was in front of the 2nd place runner.)
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im i the only person that thinks the lucky dog rule is ok. Sure id prefer racing back to the line, there does need to be a way for guys to get back onto the lead lap.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    double file re-starts are gonna be awesome

the lucky dog rule defently needs to stay though, becouse its gonna bemore important than ever now that lapped cars wont be starting on the inside
    2009 Truck Pick'em Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
    Im i the only person that thinks the lucky dog rule is ok. Sure id prefer racing back to the line, there does need to be a way for guys to get back onto the lead lap.
    I agree with you. I'd prefer racing back to the line but I don't think NASCAR will backtrack on that. Under current racing conditions half of the field is a lap down before the midway point of most races. There has to be some way for guys who've lost a lap to get an opportunity to get a lap back.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt