Thread: WOW

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts

WOW

I am listening to the broadcast and Waltrip says Man hear that wheelspin coming off the corner. I was very unaware a Nascar could spin their wheels when almost flat in high gear.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fousto
    I am listening to the broadcast and Waltrip says Man hear that wheelspin coming off the corner. I was very unaware a Nascar could spin their wheels when almost flat in high gear.
    "almost flat"??? Have you ever been to a race at Dover?
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    nope so i will believe what you tell me
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nope so i will believe what you tell me
    They don't run "almost flat" at Dover.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

When they floor the gas coming of a corner, which at dover would have them between 130-140 mph, it becomes difficult to put almost 900 horsepower to the track through skinny tires. Because they had harder compound tires on concrete this week, one with a good sound system could hear the rear tires squealing.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Wheelspin is common on just about any track where the drivers are hard on the gas and the track is either slippery or with tight corners. Dover would definately qualify. Any time you see the guy sawing at the wheel, he is getting wheelspin on the rears. You can see that at places like Charlotte and Texas, not just the one mile or tighter ovals.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".