Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There may be a point in which NASCAR needs to take away a win and it could easily come this weekend. If the infraction by the winning team were severe enough to warrant it and there was a damn good reason to believe it was intentional then it could happen.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dont_be_jack
    There may be a point in which NASCAR needs to take away a win and it could easily come this weekend. If the infraction by the winning team were severe enough to warrant it and there was a damn good reason to believe it was intentional then it could happen.
    Not so sure....Back in the 80's Richard Petty had an oversize engine...If they didn't take that win away, I don't believe they ever will.....
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Jeff Burton certainly wouldn't be in the business of defending people unnecessarily, but after personally inspecting the part from Jeff Gordon's Gatorade Duel car, he thinks the penalty fit the crime.

Gordon's car was found to have a quarterpanel that was about an inch too low following Thursday night's qualifying race at Daytona International Speedway. NASCAR studied the part and found that a bolt had been misaligned when it was inserted. The sanctioning body deemed that the violation was unintentional and penalized Gordon by moving him from the fourth starting spot in Sunday's Daytona 500 that he gained by winning the Duel to the 42nd starting spot.

Burton, a self-described proponent of large penalties, went to the NASCAR truck on Friday morning to inspect the part himself. He was looking for any signs that it had been intentionally altered but didn't find any.

"I was concerned about that this morning, " Burton said. "The part was confiscated, so I went and looked at the part, and it's my opinion that what happened with the 24 car was a screwup, and I'm also of the opinion that probably, on the race track, there was not much performance gain because on the race track the car is different than in the height sticks ... The question is, what should the penalty be,? Mistake or not, it has to be a penalty. My concern was the penalty wasn't steep enough in relation to the other penalties."

After studying the part, Burton decided the penalty was correct.

"As seen by me, I think the penalty fit the crime," the Richard Childress Racing driver said.
    Davey Allison #28

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Well, i guess if its good enough for Jeff "Hang-em High" Burton, its good enough for me...

#4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    Well, i guess if its good enough for Jeff "Hang-em High" Burton, its good enough for me...

Davey Allison #28

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    After watching the race and hearing JG talk about the poor performance of the car during the race , it appears on the surface that nothing was done on purpose and Burton's remarks seem to back it up.

GaaNasty looks like the team to beat but after all it is Daytona so its all up in the air.
    Here\'s to swimm\'n with bole legg\'t wimm\'n:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    Not so sure....Back in the 80's Richard Petty had an oversize engine...If they didn't take that win away, I don't believe they ever will.....
    Are you going to **** with Richard Petty?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dont_be_jack
    Are you going to **** with Richard Petty?

Not my job...it was Nascar's job, and they set the precedent way back then that they weren't going to take a race win away, even for blatant cheating....

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    NA$CAR allowed Cheating (nod nod & wink wink)... in the early years.
    They didn't really try to discourage it until the last year or so.

Now Family France is paying the fiddler... and it's proving... for everyone involved...

EMBARRASSING !