Page 2 of 130 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    MJW
    interesting slant on this in gpweek.com from respected journalist Martin Holmes. IMS (the section of the ASN running the rally) keep saying the event is in danger of not running due to sponsor pull out, Morrie Chandler on behalf of FIA rallies committe say that IMS should 'come clean' and either say if the rally will run regardless of sponsor withdrawal, or cancel teh event. Cancelling could leave IMS / RACMSA liable for sanctions and this could jeopardise future IMS events in UK, including any FIA event, that means Rally Scotland. This must be sorted before the World Council meeting on 24th June .

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    interesting slant on this in gpweek.com from respected journalist Martin Holmes. IMS (the section of the ASN running the rally) keep saying the event is in danger of not running due to sponsor pull out, Morrie Chandler on behalf of FIA rallies committe say that IMS should 'come clean' and either say if the rally will run regardless of sponsor withdrawal, or cancel teh event. Cancelling could leave IMS / RACMSA liable for sanctions and this could jeopardise future IMS events in UK, including any FIA event, that means Rally Scotland. This must be sorted before the World Council meeting on 24th June .
    While I'm no fan of IMS - they're just a money making machine - I'm slightly confused by what WAG are saying. They seem to be still saying that as far as they're concerned RallyGB is a biennial event. This isn't true - RallyGB is pencilled in for next year. Having said that, when they decided to pull out, it wasn't on next year's calendar. So I'm not sure were things stand. Still don't like the attitude of IMS - Wish somebody at the MSA would grow balls and wind IMS up - it's been nothing but a disaster, and out of touch with what a lot of people want.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Guys for the feedback, but it still looks like there is no definative answer to this out there yet. Any idea where I might go to find out?

MJW
    Decision due to be taken today (wednesday) source autosport.com

Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    Decision due to be taken today (wednesday) source autosport.com
    While I'm no fan of the organisers - I think it will run. Mainly, because if it didn't there could repurcusions for other FiA events organised by the ASN - in this case, MSA. So that would mean British GP, IRC Rally Scotland.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Sod the Rally GB and go to the R.A.C instead, that's what I'm planning on doing as it's cheaper and more fun IMO. The one down side is that it means travelling to Scotland which can be a bit of an effort from the SW.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 22 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    Sod the Rally GB and go to the R.A.C instead, that's what I'm planning on doing as it's cheaper and more fun IMO. The one down side is that it means travelling to Scotland which can be a bit of an effort from the SW.
    Are there no flights from Bristol, Newquay or somewhere and then hire a car? Worth looking into maybe

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks you very much MJW and AndyRAC, I'll keep a look out for the result!
    Can't go to Scotland I'm afraid and my other half really wants to catch the Staduim event on the saturday night so not much choice of where to go.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieJ
    Can't go to Scotland I'm afraid and my other half really wants to catch the Staduim event on the saturday night so not much choice of where to go.
    Not sure they are using the Millenium Stadium......

...but don't quote me!!

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieJ
    Well from what I have been told the route doesnt include any superspecial this year. Despite posturing, and I dont know what decision will be taken today, the route is prepared, the service park defined and a lot of advanced planning already gone on, even during the dispute. I think WAG wont move and its up to IMS/MSA to decide if they will run the rally with their own funding or an alternative sponsor. If it doesnt run it will be a shame because the stages are up there with the best in the world, well NZ, Finland, and Sweden for 'drivers roads'