Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Move the 600

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Move the 600

It's stupid to waste a beautiful Sunday afternoon and wait until Sunday night to run the CC 600 at Lowes. They need to start that race between noon and 1:00 PM.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Nascar is afraid of a decrease in viewership as it would conflict with the Indy 500.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    it wouldn't make any sence to run the race in the afternoon! first of all most of want to see the indy 500, and also, night racing is awesome, i know the is gonna be run in the day anyway now, but you cant just move night races to the day for fear that its gonna rain at night
    2009 Truck Pick'em Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Forget the Indy 500. Let that race fend for itself. That's what DVR's and TIVO are for.

I remember years ago, when the Indy 500 was still the Indy 500, and the races both ran on Sunday afternoon. I would watch the Indy 500 (because it used to start at 11:00 AM) and tape the 600 to watch later. With my DVR now, it would be a snap to do that.

For those of us who want to see the 600 and could care less about the Indy 500, waiting until 6 or 7 o'clock to get that race started is really stupid.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade91
    it wouldn't make any sence to run the race in the afternoon! first of all most of want to see the indy 500,
    You may find that most of the people that want to see the Coca Cola 600 could care less about Indy. Especially now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade91
    . . . .but you cant just move night races to the day for fear that its gonna rain at night
    No, but if you get started earlier in the day, and it rains in the afternoon, the lights do give you the ability to continue after dark. A much longer timeframe to get the race in.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exclamation I've got to disagree ...

The Coca-Cola 600 is rarely rained-out since going to racing at night.
    I like night races so I would be against the Coca-Cola 600 switching to a day race.

Furthermore ...
    I would like to to see the Indianapolis 500 start a bit earlier & the Coca-Cola 600 start a bit later.
    That way more Cup drivers would try the double, 1 driver doing 1100 miles of racing in 1 day is awesome !
    I think it would build interest in BOTH races.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceFanStan
    The Coca-Cola 600 is rarely rained-out since going to racing at night.
    I like night races so I would be against the Coca-Cola 600 switching to a day race.

Furthermore ...
    I would like to to see the Indianapolis 500 start a bit earlier & the Coca-Cola 600 start a bit later.
    That way more Cup drivers would try the double, 1 driver doing 1100 miles of racing in 1 day is awesome !
    I think it would build interest in BOTH races.
    yeah, then John Andretti could have done the, of course as it turns out he could have done it anyway

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Stan, I am with you. The only reason this decision looks bad now is because of the rain out, but they have all day on the Monday to get the race in if they cannot get it in on the Sunday night.

As for your assertion Lee Roy that people wanting to watch the 600 wouldn't watch the 500, a smart business man doesn't go around making people choose when there is no upside in it for them. If NASCAR ran off at noon, they would see lower ratings for sure, because some people watch both, Heck, I watch both and if I choose, I will watch Indy. Nothing against NASCAR, I watch or listen to it on the radio most of the season, but the 600 mile race I can tune in at the last hour and a half and still get my fix. The 500 is the only IRL race I make sure I watch for the most part. It is still the big daddy on Memorial Day weekend for a lot of people, even if they do watch NASCAR.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For me, I could care less if a driver tries to do both races. It's a novelty, that's all.

And in this day and time, with the technology of TIVO and DVR, there is no reason that anyone has to make a choice between one race or the other. I rarely watch a race live anymore . . . . or anything else for that matter. If I had to sit through those interminable advertisements, I'd go batty.

MOVE THE 600 BACK TO A NOON STARTING TIME!!!!!! I'D BET YOU WOULD FIND THAT THE INDY 500 WOULD COME UP WITH A NEW DATE!!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well, chances are if you chose to watch the coke 600, and were recording the indy 500, the indy 500 would finish first and you would hear who won before you even got a chance to watch it, i would rather the coke 600 be run on monday than at the same time as the indy 500