Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Aspar Team to move up to MotoGP with Ducati
    Saturday, 25 July 2009

Spanish team manager confirms project, revealed in motogp.com interview last week.

Jorge Martínez ‘Aspar’ will finally move his World Championship project up to MotoGP in 2010, courtesy of a deal with Ducati confirmed on Saturday at Donington Park. After three years of negotiating with various factories, an agreement has been struck for an ambitious stay in the premier class.

“It seems that after three years we are finally able to achieve our dream of presenting a MotoGP project. It’s been three years of fighting and looking for the best option and, after sounding out various factories, we have finally reached an agreement with Ducati,” declared Aspar at the British track. “I hope that this will be a fruitful arrangement that will continue in the long term. In theory we will have one rider in 2010, with the idea being to expand to two in 2011.”

The Aspar Team will be present in all three categories of the World Championship, with the MotoGP team joining 125cc and Moto2 squads.

“Our goal is primarily to grow strong in MotoGP from a technical viewpoint. We will continue with the 125cc team and compete in the Moto2 class, so we feel that this is a big step for the whole team. Today the big news is that we are moving up to MotoGP with Ducati, so the second thing that we have to do is confirm a rider. We hope to be able to do this by the time we get to Brno,” added the former three-time lower cylinder category World Champion, who was clear on his preferred choice for the available spot.

”It would be great to convince Álvaro Bautista to come up with us and he is our first option for the MotoGP team. He has been with us for a long time, winning a 125cc World Championship and finishing second in 250cc, so it would be great for him to continue with us,” he stated, referring to the rider currently involved in the 250cc title fight.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roby44
    Lorenzo: Yamaha offer not good enough
    Yamaha rival Honda has expressed an interest in Lorenzo, but the former 250cc world champion said his main priority is staying with his current team.

Lorenzo, however, said after yesterday's German Grand Prix that he feels Yamaha's offer is not good enough.
    We can't deny that any riders like what Lorenzo said is humanly acceptable, he said at the same time that staying at current place is main priority. I think Yamaha will take the matter into consideration without further blow off.

Seing result of Honda riders at Donington Honda might need to examine scenario on hiring Lorenzo and apply different scenario for #4 rider.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leopardsleeping
    We can't deny that any riders like what Lorenzo said is humanly acceptable, he said at the same time that staying at current place is main priority. I think Yamaha will take the matter into consideration without further blow off.

Seing result of Honda riders at Donington Honda might need to examine scenario on hiring Lorenzo and apply different scenario for #4 rider.

Everey rider will always say that staying at their current team is their main priority - but generally when that is said it also means come and talk people because I am not happy (a bit like the old 'person X job is safe' used in football).

I don't have a problem with JL 'hawking' himself around as personally I do believe that he is deserving of being a team #1 rider. It is his third year in MGP and he has shown that he has the ability, ambition and speed to be a true championship contender - something that would in all likelihood not happen as a #2. Besides which, it is not like as a #2 at FIAT his performances will see him ascend to the #1 team rider whilstever one VR remains - so in order to progress he needs to move on to another team.

For me, whilst the Yamaha is without doubt the bike to be on at the moment I simply see no reason to stay at FIAT as VR seems intent to stay and play some more, thus to be a #1 he has to move.

Garry

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gco0307
    Everey rider will always say that staying at their current team is their main priority - but generally when that is said it also means come and talk people because I am not happy (a bit like the old 'person X job is safe' used in football).

I don't have a problem with JL 'hawking' himself around as personally I do believe that he is deserving of being a team #1 rider. It is his third year in MGP and he has shown that he has the ability, ambition and speed to be a true championship contender - something that would in all likelihood not happen as a #2. Besides which, it is not like as a #2 at FIAT his performances will see him ascend to the #1 team rider whilstever one VR remains - so in order to progress he needs to move on to another team.

For me, whilst the Yamaha is without doubt the bike to be on at the moment I simply see no reason to stay at FIAT as VR seems intent to stay and play some more, thus to be a #1 he has to move.

Garry
    Yamaha is currently on form, riding which will give him more probability to win rather than riding bike not on form. Relating team underrated him, he didn't show anything yet other than being the second in the standing, last year he was only a few points better emerged from slots of Dovizioso and Nicky Hayden, nearly half of points collected by Rossi.

Actually Lorenzo can transform all his ability, ambition, and speed to be a true championship contender on Yamaha. He will not be able to be in the 'party' with Rossi in case of rider status was in effect. There is not any favoritism between first and second rider, both riders have the same status, the same opportunity to be the champion.

It is humanly acceptable the bigger offer is always a temptation, if he want to think about it shortly he can take the offer, regardless of whether or not his talent is enough worthy as that amount. Take the cash in first

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    By Jorge I’m good,

MOTOGP star Jorge Lorenzo is adamant he has got the balls to win the title - after cutting family and friends out of his life completely.

The Spaniard, 22, heads into tomorrow's British GP at Donington Park just 14 points behind the legendary Valentino Rossi.
    And the Fiat Yamaha rider believes his stunning form is down to making the toughest decisions of his life.
    When he was just 18, Jorge saw his father, Chico Lorenzo, and his agent, Dani Amatriain, fall out spectacularly.
    Jorge sided with his agent and cut all contact with his dad - but last summer Amatriain suffered the same fate.
    And now the title challenger has decided that his friends are distracting him from glory and has banned them from coming to races as well!
    But the prodigy reckons it has put him in the perfect position to deal with anything he comes up against on the track. The 2008 Rookie of the Year said: "Sometimes in your life you are very comfortable.
    "But if you feel you are not working in a good way you have to have enough balls to change that and choose another way.
    "I split from my father some years ago because he and my ex-manager didn't feel the same about my career.
    "Last year I also left my ex-manager as I didn't agree with what he wanted either. My background has been complicated but now I'm much quieter and happier.
    "When I started out I was under a lot of pressure because my future was not clear.
    "But as I got a bit older I understand that the pressure can be there anyway so it is best not to worry about it.
    "Now I know a lot more about life on and off the track."
    And Lorenzo admits he will have to beat the rider that he considers the greatest of all-time if he is to win the title.
    Rossi is an eight-time world champion but the team-mates have gone wheel-to-wheel throughout this season.

And Lorenzo is determined to push the Italian reigning champ all the way in only his second season in MotoGP.
    He also has the belief he could become the greatest when Rossi, 30, hangs up his helmet. Lorenzo added: "For everybody, Valentino is the king. But for how many years will he stay king? Life is always changing and nothing is forever.
    "It is difficult to compare Valentino to past champions, but the competition is much closer now so maybe he is the greatest ever.
    "In terms of speed and level I think I am very close to Valentino but he has the experience.
    "He has won more than 100 races so he knows how to do everything."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leopardsleeping
    Yamaha is currently on form, riding which will give him more probability to win rather than riding bike not on form. Relating team underrated him, he didn't show anything yet other than being the second in the standing, last year he was only a few points better emerged from slots of Dovizioso and Nicky Hayden, nearly half of points collected by Rossi.

Actually Lorenzo can transform all his ability, ambition, and speed to be a true championship contender on Yamaha. He will not be able to be in the 'party' with Rossi in case of rider status was in effect. There is not any favoritism between first and second rider, both riders have the same status, the same opportunity to be the champion.

It is humanly acceptable the bigger offer is always a temptation, if he want to think about it shortly he can take the offer, regardless of whether or not his talent is enough worthy as that amount. Take the cash in first

I don't disagree at all that the Yamaha is the better bike at the moment and that logic would say stay with the known entity.

But, ambition is a different animal altogether and there is no doubt that JL wants to be a team #1 so like any employee he is looking to further his career and seeking effectively a promotion as we all do at times (and with promotion comes money). Sometimes amdition makes people take risks, some pay off (VR -TO Yamaha to prove Honda wrong) and some dont (Ducati and the tyres this weekend).

As for the all riders treated equal, well not so sure as some get the developed parts before others, some get walls down their sheds to separate teams and acquisition of the others data etc.

JL obviously feels that he is a number 1 rider within a team (be that a one bike or a two bike team) and personally I support his ambition. Personally, I feel that for a rookie to enter the championship, perform as he has done in the first two years in a factory team as the recognised second rider - then if the rider has ambition he must go to a #1 role or else stagnate. VR is going nowehere and dare I say if the Moto1 concept comes through he will be around for much longer, so JL and any other person entering that role needs to plan ahead if they have ambition.

As for money, near everyone wants a payrise and near everyone believes that they deserve it - why should JL be different?

If he thinks he is worth 5million - let him seek it and if someone will pay then he was right. Only if/when he goes to teh highest bidder and not necessarily a high bidder with a good option can we say whether the move was dollars driven or not/

Garry

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gco0307
    I don't disagree at all that the Yamaha is the better bike at the moment and that logic would say stay with the known entity.

But, ambition is a different animal altogether and there is no doubt that JL wants to be a team #1 so like any employee he is looking to further his career and seeking effectively a promotion as we all do at times (and with promotion comes money). Sometimes amdition makes people take risks, some pay off (VR -TO Yamaha to prove Honda wrong) and some dont (Ducati and the tyres this weekend).

As for the all riders treated equal, well not so sure as some get the developed parts before others, some get walls down their sheds to separate teams and acquisition of the others data etc.

JL obviously feels that he is a number 1 rider within a team (be that a one bike or a two bike team) and personally I support his ambition. Personally, I feel that for a rookie to enter the championship, perform as he has done in the first two years in a factory team as the recognised second rider - then if the rider has ambition he must go to a #1 role or else stagnate. VR is going nowehere and dare I say if the Moto1 concept comes through he will be around for much longer, so JL and any other person entering that role needs to plan ahead if they have ambition.

As for money, near everyone wants a payrise and near everyone believes that they deserve it - why should JL be different?

If he thinks he is worth 5million - let him seek it and if someone will pay then he was right. Only if/when he goes to teh highest bidder and not necessarily a high bidder with a good option can we say whether the move was dollars driven or not/

Garry
    Actually not everyone wants number 1 status, everyone wants not being overloaded. They know more consequences being designated as number 1 they have bigger moral responsibility, dedication, and more time they have to spend at.

I think JL contract was set based on his last year result which was 4 in the championship, I think end of this season team will be pretty fair to give him enough increment if he can achieve position better than last year. Why would feel team didn't pay enough in the middle of season only because being the standing runner up and challenging title?

He can start arranging his future, if he feels his talent is enough to get compensation bigger than today he can make the move. Currently he only need to ride by nature on best equipment team has provided for him, if he can achieve performance better without feeling being overloaded actually it means he got the number 1 status by itself.

I think he has his own management, they have to be more proactive to seek more personal sponsors other than currently existing such as chupa chup, and Kerakol for Rossi. This personal sponsors will give him some money, besides also he can have the candy for free

As long as the products are not related directly to the interest of team, team is supposed to support their rider to get motivated from gaining additional income from personal sponsors. I don't think team will have problem with it or create obstruction to the scheme of work that prevent riders from gaining additional deal with such personal sponsors.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bikesport News is usually on the money with rumours, but personally I'd file this one in the 'believe it when I see it' pile:

http://www.bikesportnews.com/article..._WITH_DUCATI_1

(D'oh, also now noticed this in the other Stoner thread - will leave it here anyway)
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Pedrosa and Dovi to continue as the only riders in Repsol Honda Moto GP team for next 2 years.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Richardson
    Pedrosa and Dovi to continue as the only riders in Repsol Honda Moto GP team for next 2 years.
    So this is not only confirmation of both riders at HRC, but also Repsol!

I hear the new head of HRC's surname is Suzuki, ironic, don't ya think?