Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Sounds good to me! indy is a bit lame as a bike track IMO as the whole point of going to indy is to use the banking!

Map of the new track at Austin.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    And there it is, MotoGP to race in Austin, Texas, USA from 2013!

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/T...unced+for+2013

Surely this will be at the expense of Indy? And a 10 year contract shows they're in it for the long haul. Hope the layout is good.
    I prefer Indy than Austin imho, anyway good luck to them
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    bring this thread back up the list, anyway Honda could be having only 4 bikes next season. A strong Possibility that nether Dovizioso and Simoncelli won't be on a HRC next year

Honda unlikely to retain Dovizioso and Simoncelli as it reduces budget - MotoGP news - AUTOSPORT.com

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    bring this thread back up the list, anyway Honda could be having only 4 bikes next season. A strong Possibility that nether Dovizioso and Simoncelli won't be on a HRC next year

Honda unlikely to retain Dovizioso and Simoncelli as it reduces budget - MotoGP news - AUTOSPORT.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny hurlock

That puts a bit of a hole in the grid if that happens. Be a couple of good options for Suzuki available if Team Zook continue on next year (fingers crossed!).
    Get off my lawn

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I would suggest that perhaps Hopkins might be on a Suzuki next year. Depending on if Monster are still wanting to be helpful finance wise, the noises are there with wild cards etc this year, and Samsung is basically Dennings team anyway.

I would imagine Aoyama will make way for Dovi, but will Dovi and Sic both have factory bikes? I doubt it, depends what Repsol do with their 1000's. I guess Sic and Dovi could have this years 800's?

Elias will obviously be gone, replaced I reckon by De Puniet again? I can see perhaps Bradl, Marques, Redding, Haslam, Iannone coming over in the new class for buy in bikes. I think there will be no Elias, Aoyama maybe LCR, Capirossi (who would want to ride for Pramac anyway) perhaps even Edwardsm get Laverty on it!!
    The mighty Imps will rule the world
    http://bikeracenews.com

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I would suggest that perhaps Hopkins might be on a Suzuki next year. Depending on if Monster are still wanting to be helpful finance wise, the noises are there with wild cards etc this year, and Samsung is basically Dennings team anyway.

I would imagine Aoyama will make way for Dovi, but will Dovi and Sic both have factory bikes? I doubt it, depends what Repsol do with their 1000's. I guess Sic and Dovi could have this years 800's?

Elias will obviously be gone, replaced I reckon by De Puniet again? I can see perhaps Bradl, Marques, Redding, Haslam, Iannone coming over in the new class for buy in bikes. I think there will be no Elias, Aoyama maybe LCR, Capirossi (who would want to ride for Pramac anyway) perhaps even Edwardsm get Laverty on it!!
    The mighty Imps will rule the world
    http://bikeracenews.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chunder27

It would be great if Suzuki came back again with two bikes next year. They would be better chasing Dovizioso than Hopkins though imo.

According to that Autosport article then there will only be two factory Hondas (Stoner, Pedrosa) so Dovi and Sic would have satellite bikes and either Gresini becomes a one bike team or LCR disappear which is a shame. There also seems to be significant rumour of Simoncelli alongside his mate Vale on a thrid factory Ducati, funded by Phillip Morris (so plausible).

I think Capirossi will retire but Edwards may well go round one more time, especially for Yamaha development and to continue mentoring young Cal.

As for who else will fill the grid with Pramac and the CRT bikes is anyones guess. I just hope the CRTs aren't an embarrassing way to fill the grid.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    interesting rumour (in MCN newspaper this week) that Valentino Rossi could leave Ducati at the end of this season. Go to Honda have his own team what I've read.

Also Andrea Dovizioso, could be going on a LCR Honda next season as-well.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny hurlock
    interesting rumour (in MCN newspaper this week) that Valentino Rossi could leave Ducati at the end of this season. Go to Honda have his own team what I've read.

Also Andrea Dovizioso, could be going on a LCR Honda next season as-well.
    I'd be surprised if Valentino was on anything but a Ducati next year. Firstly, he's said he will be on a Ducati next year (Rossi staying with Ducati for 2012 - Motorcycle racing news: Moto GP - Visordown). Secondly, I can't see any reason Honda would want him when they already have Pedrosa and Stoner as contenders and he definately won't be riding a satellite bike. If he went anywhere it would be good to see him land at Suzuki but I think he will really want to make the Ducati work rather than admit defeat and walk away.
    Get off my lawn