Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Whoa, pull up there... I knew ONE had some MotoGP deal going but I didn't consider that it might be EXCLUSIVE... if Foxtel is not going to run MotoGP then that is some of the worst news I've heard in a long time. Greg Rust and Darryl Beattie are as bad a commentary team as it's possible to find (although some of our American brothers might disagree with that )

Going to have to look into that - if it's the case then Ten had better be prepared for an onslaught of protests, I'll be leading the charge.
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    'Fraid it's true Phantom.

From Dorna Sports:

Dorna Sports and Network Ten have signed an historic 5-year agreement that will see MotoGP broadcast exclusively on free-to-air television for the first time from 2010.

The agreement includes all MotoGP races and all supporting 125cc and 250cc races broadcast LIVE on Network Ten’s 24-hour sport channel, ONE, from 2010. Network Ten will simulcast LIVE the Australian MotoGP round from Philip Island as well as other MotoGP events in the Australasian time zone and those taking place in America. All other MotoGP races will be broadcast on same-day delay on TEN around 11 pm.

ONE will show full replays of all MotoGP races, all qualifying races and highlights of 125cc and 250cc races in prime time each week following the race. Extensive pre-race shows will also feature on ONE hosted by Greg Rust and Daryl Beattie.

Madrid based Dorna Sports is the exclusive holder of all commercial and television rights for the FIM MotoGP World Championship, and has been assisted by IMG in the dealing process.

Network Ten has been the primary broadcast partner for MotoGP in Australia since 1996 and this new exclusive agreement ensures that ONE and TEN will take MotoGP to the broadest possible audience in Australia.

In announcing the deal, Network Ten’s general manager of sport, David White, said: “MotoGP is enjoying a resurgence in popularity in Australia off the back of Casey Stoner’s recent performances. We have forged a strong relationship with Dorna Sports and MotoGP and we are thrilled they have seen the enormous potential that a long-term partnership across our two free-to-air channels can deliver.”

“The structure of this agreement provides the perfect solution for MotoGP fans and further highlights the power of ONE to deliver top-quality LIVE sporting coverage to the widest possible audience at the best possible time.

Having the ability to broadcast all races LIVE on ONE and also have the coverage simulcast live or delayed on TEN following our Sunday night prime-time commitments is the foundation of our successful multi-channel strategy.”

Dorna Sports Managing Director Manel Arroyo stated: “We are delighted to extend our agreement with Network Ten, which will see all MotoGP events broadcast live on their new free-to-air sports channel ONE. We believe that the combination of the exposure through TEN and ONE will further expand the profile of our series and contribute to making the huge fan base for MotoGP that already exists in Australia even bigger.”
    So Beattie and Rust and mid-race ads are our future. Bah. And what happens when MotoGP clashes with F1? I ain't at all confident that MotoGP will take preference. Boo. Terrible decision by Dorna. Again.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    So will nicky go or stay at Ducati?

given his prior history at Seca, if he can not ride that bike there....well.....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorna Sports

Dorna Sports and Network Ten have signed an historic 5-year agreement that will see MotoGP broadcast exclusively on free-to-air television for the first time from 2010.
    That line there might be the saving grace for FOX Sports, they'll hopefully keep on going with their live coverage on pay TV

I noticed this morning that Fox just took the straight Dorna broadcast, no studio hosting from David Murdoch & Kevin Magee

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racer69

I noticed this morning that Fox just took the straight Dorna broadcast, no studio hosting from David Murdoch & Kevin Magee
    Explains the really sh*t feed---shame that is what the world sees all the time

IRL and regular AMA races are usually far better feed when seen in hi def.

Shame because the camera work yesterday was really fine
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racer69
    That line there might be the saving grace for FOX Sports, they'll hopefully keep on going with their live coverage on pay TV

I only watch the start of the coverage to see Magee!! LOL
    I won't be watching the free to air crap with Beattie and Rust!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    After his frankly pathetic showing at Laguna I think Toseland has guaranteed that he's back on a Superbike for 2010

Shame as I wanted him to do well but yet again a Superbike rider has failed to make the transition to a GP bike. I hope when Spies eventually moves across he can break this trend.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The BIG question for 2010 is: Will Lorenzo move to Repsol Honda? And if so, will Pedrosa stay?

I hope Lorenzo goes to Honda. I think it's better not to be Rossi's team mate when you want to fight him in the championship
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Corny
    The BIG question for 2010 is: Will Lorenzo move to Repsol Honda? And if so, will Pedrosa stay?
    Pedrosa will have to accept and respect decision of team, willy nilly

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lorenzo: Yamaha offer not good enough

Jorge Lorenzo says he is ready to delay a decision on his future, claiming he is worth more than what his Yamaha team is offering him.

The Spaniard is currently fighting for the title with team-mate Valentino Rossi, who is 14 points ahead after the first nine races of the season.

Yamaha rival Honda has expressed an interest in Lorenzo, but the former 250cc world champion said his main priority is staying with his current team.

Lorenzo, however, said after yesterday's German Grand Prix that he feels Yamaha's offer is not good enough.

"I don't know, I think that we need to wait some more," Lorenzo told Italia1 television when asked about his future.

"I feel very proud that people are interested in me. But I think I'm one of the riders who can beat Valentino in the future.

"I'm fighting with him at the moment, and I think my worth is greater than what Yamaha is offering me at the moment. We'll see what happens in the future."

Rossi, meanwhile, said he was not sure if it was better to have Lorenzo as a team-mate or not.

"I've thought a lot about it, whether it's better to have him in Yamaha or in Honda," he said. "I don't know. There are pluses and minuses each way. In any case I think he will be a tough rival to beat whether he rides either with our bike or with another team."

Rossi also denied Lorenzo did not get the same bike upgrades as him.

"That's not true, the bikes are identical," he told Gazzetta dello Sport. "In any case, it's normal that I have with Yamaha a relationship he doesn't have: when I arrived in 2004 I found a bike that hadn't won for 12 years and it was crap.

"Now we have the best bike. Lorenzo can't pretend to arrive, win, and in two years be as important as Valentino."

He added: "It's easy to be in his conditions: he fights against Valentino Rossi, one of the strongest riders ever, so he goes for it and if he loses he tries again. Meanwhile, this year we are 6-3 in my favour. Good, I like that. He's a tough nut with enormous talent."