Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny hurlock
    btw what's going on with Marc VDS CRT next season seen Mika Kaillo driving the Suter BMW bike early on the season in testing, no news recently?
    Dunno if Marc VDS are continuing with their CRT project, particularly with Suter after they were pretty miffed with the support they got in Moto2 this year. If so, perhaps Mika has decided he will be more competitive in Moto2 than developing a CRT bike for bottom end of the points at best in MotoGP.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny hurlock
    Hoppers on a Crescent Suzuki in SBK next season, possibly on bike #21 (is bike #21 retired in SBK?)

Hopkins Confirmed With Suzuki In World Superbikes, Could Run #21 | MotoMatters.com | Kropotkin Thinks
    It's good for Hopper, he's too good to be restricted to national level. I hope he keeps number 21 too, he's run that number for many years and I wouldn't find it strange seeing it on the front of his Gixxer, nor do I think he has to live up to the number. Speaking of running a number, Stefan Bradl has signed to ride for LCR Honda in MotoGP for the next two seasons but may not get to run his number 65 as Dorna are pushing to have it retired in honour of Capirossi. Number retirements are a slippery slope in my opinion.

Also, Tom Sykes has re-signed with Kawaski for next year which is good reward for all his hard work there the last couple of year though he and Lascorz are going to have to step it up big time next year.

Yuki Takahashi has signed with the Forward Moto2 team alongside Alex DeAnglis for 2012 and Julian Simon will leave Aspar for the BQR team.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Retiring numbers is a rubbish idea, end of story.

Everyone will associate great riders with certain numbers, so it isn't like they will suddenly be forgotten if, heaven forbid, FIM doesn't retire their number.

See: Barry Sheene, #7.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    If all the numbers of riders in the caliber of Capirossi were retired, we wouldn't have many numbers left...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012