Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Suzuki's line-up is a good question, but I think Bautista will stay with them. The latest P5 must have been an encouraging result.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Suzuki is a quandry indeed. Bautista should definately stay and ideally team sky-blue should chase one of the aliens as hard as possible. Problem is, none of them would go there regardless of the money thrown at them. So who do they target? Should it be the best up-and-comer from Moto2 or WSB (Iannone, Simon, Luthi, Camier, Crutchlow)? This may make the factory team too 'green' so which experienced rider options are there? DePuniet (surely Tech3 bound), Melandri? Factory money might get them there but their current privateer bikes are more competitive so you would think it would have to be on the promise of a competitive I4 1,000cc bike in 2012. Like Kawasaki, Suzuki need to get serious or get out.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Maybe Suzuki can hire Edwards, if he gets ousted from Tech3 due to underperformance? Generally Suzuki's choice can surely be only a rider, who simply doesn't have many options. I think for instance Elias would be a decent choice if he can't get a better ride.

But overall I'm a bit surprised Suzuki is still participating in MGP by looking at the Japanese exodus in various motorsport series in the last few years. Has the tradition got something to do with it? Suzuki has been racing in the top class of bikes since the 70's.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Maybe Suzuki can hire Edwards, if he gets ousted from Tech3 due to underperformance? Generally Suzuki's choice can surely be only a rider, who simply doesn't have many options. I think for instance Elias would be a decent choice if he can't get a better ride.

But overall I'm a bit surprised Suzuki is still participating in MGP by looking at the Japanese exodus in various motorsport series in the last few years. Has the tradition got something to do with it? Suzuki has been racing in the top class of bikes since the 70's.
    On the strength of his season last year I would have said that Edwards would be a good choice but to me, it seems that the young guys have passed Colin by, that he would be no better than sticking with Capirossi. Melandri and De Puniet are the new experienced riders but I'm not sure of their skills as riders to develop around.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I don't think Edwards would sign with Suzuki again IMO. Jens, you are spot on. Elias would be perfect for the Suzuki gig.BTW, BMW for Motogp in 2011/2012 ?
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Karel Abraham to ride a 6th Ducati in MotoGP next year.

Suzuki and Tech3 trying to pinch De Puniet from Checcinello's team for the 2011 season.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Suzuki to withdraw from MotoGP to focus on WSBK!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach24
    ...and Ducati to quit WSBK to focus on MotoGP!
    Get off my lawn

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Don't talk nonsense. Ducati will still supply Motogp and WSB teams with customer bikes. They will focus all factory support on the Dakar.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach24
    There is a suggestion in the link that Suzuki are already being looked after to keep them in GP.

http://www.autosport.com/features/article.php/id/2934