Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyC
    The government is out of control with automakers. They have one goal -- force everyone into 2-seat microcars to appease the green lobby.

That's it.

Get rid of everything but the 2-seat microcars with 600cc engines. That's what the President envisions auto companies producing -- and nothing else.
    No disrespect intended, BobbyC, but that's just hyperbole.

I don't agree with the government overstepping its bounds. But whether that is a goal or not (and I'm not aware that it is), the consumer will determine the type of car being built, because what the consumer demands, SOME automotive company will provide. And the company that does that with the greatest efficiency will be the most successful.

Toyota and Honda are successful because they have demonstrated design and manufacturing FLEXIBILITY. These companies are successful for one of the same reasons that McDonalds is successful: delivering a product which meets customer expectations and demands.

No, I don't think that the Obama Administration really understands that you cannot push a string. And I have seen no sign that the GOP has a clue about that either. Because while the market is going to continue to be the basic determinant of what companies build, we also have to have environmental and safety laws that make sense for our nation and its future. Finding that balance is what neither party has done well over time.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mharrison
    I'm seeing those little microcars everywhere.

I really don't think I could ever get one. Could you imagine if you had an accident with a tractor trailer?

They would have to scrape you off the highway with a spatula.
    I hate those little cars. Everytime I see one, something inside me makes me want to walk over and push it on its side. I don't know why they make me feel that way. If I ever go to therapy, I'll bring it up though.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mharrison
    I'm seeing those little microcars everywhere.

I really don't think I could ever get one. Could you imagine if you had an accident with a tractor trailer?

They would have to scrape you off the highway with a spatula.
    Only two Smarts and that's it here, both owned by local government employees.

I can't imagine what would happen in a Big One. I've seen in crash tests where the engine flies off, and that's a bigger hazard -- it could smash another windshield or kill someone else if it's not careful.

It's clear we have an Administration dead set on trying to force a green-earth agenda, whether is is banning light bulbs, or attempting to force only two types of energy (wind and solar), or forcing microcars down the throat of consumers. When family car is redefined to two seats, we know this Gaia worship has become out of hand.
    In Christ,
    Bobby

Deuteronomy 31:6-8

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    This conversation the way it has headed so far doesn't belong in the Nascar forum. Let people push their political agenda elsewhere. Too much BS that I am reading and obviously some Obama hate flying around.
    Regardless, much better than the chit that Cheney advocates.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente