Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    Nope.
    ooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh angry!!!!!!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    This is not going anywhere, so here is the answer. Both of them were once proclaimed king of England, and were the effective rulers, yet they were never actually crowned. So technically they were never actual kings.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    It's been about 6 weeks since this topic moved so I beg the indulgence of all posters to ask a question.

The man on the moon walk was been in the news lately, celebrating 40 years of the occurence of the uttering of those famous words, "one small step..... and so on', anyway my question if I am allowed is:

Where were the pictures and audio received from the moon (providing of course it wasn't a stunt performed in the desert of New Mexico), ie what tracking station provided the link to Houston? Closest city will probably be accepted..........

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Camelopard
    It's been about 6 weeks since this topic moved so I beg the indulgence of all posters to ask a question.

The man on the moon walk was been in the news lately, celebrating 40 years of the occurence of the uttering of those famous words, "one small step..... and so on', anyway my question if I am allowed is:

Where were the pictures and audio received from the moon (providing of course it wasn't a stunt performed in the desert of New Mexico), ie what tracking station provided the link to Houston? Closest city will probably be accepted..........
    Without thinking about it too hard. I think it was in the Pacific. The Phillipenes?
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think that this refers to the Sam Neil movie The Dish....am I getting warm?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    It was the tracking station in Australia in Victoria
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just remembered, Scout's honor I didn't go and look it up.

It was in Guam.

I remember reading a story on the guy that was like 9 or 10 then, who's father worked at the tracking station. There was some sort of dish that was stuck, bad bearing. In order to rebuild the bearing it would have been like a 10 hour job. No good, landing over. But this kid could reach inside and grease the thing up. That was good enough to get teh dish working again. So on went the landing.

At least I think that's right.
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    The Pacific yes, but not The Philippines.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jim mcglinchey
    I think that this refers to the Sam Neil movie The Dish....am I getting warm?
    Very warm.

The signals from the moon landing as they landed were picked up by Goldstone Deep Space station in the Mojave Desert, a better feed was picked up at Honeysuckle Creek, and then the worldwide broadcast was taken from Parkes radio telescope.

The Dish and Moonshot are the two best films with regards this.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Very warm.

The signals from the moon landing as they landed were picked up by Goldstone Deep Space station in the Mojave Desert, a better feed was picked up at Honeysuckle Creek, and then the worldwide broadcast was taken from Parkes radio telescope.

The Dish and Moonshot are the two best films with regards this.
    The first eight minutes were from Honeysuckle Creek near Canberra, well there you go I always thought it was Tidbinbilla also close to Canberra!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...21/2631897.htm

"But many remain unaware of the significant role played by Honeysuckle Creek, near Canberra.
    "The role of Honeysuckle Creek is one of the unsung stories of the moon landing," astronomer-in-charge of Anglo-Australian Observatory Dr Fred Watson told ABC News Online.
    "Honeysuckle Creek has been neglected in history."
    Honeysuckle Creek Tracking Station, along with another main telescope in Goldstone, California, beamed the first eight minutes of Armstrong's historic moon steps to the world on July 21, 1969 and, with its antenna, also kept a watchful eye on the spacecraft for the entire mission."

Next question Rollo!