Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angels & Demons

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Angels & Demons

Has anyone seen this film as of yet? If so is it any good? Debating if i should go see it..The first film was good, but we all know that most sequels have a history of becoming a bag of sh@te....
    the big print giveth the small print taketh

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah I enjoyed it. A bit better-paced than the Da Vinci Code and it avoids some of the more ridiculous elements of the book.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewmcm
    Yeah I enjoyed it. A bit better-paced than the Da Vinci Code and it avoids some of the more ridiculous elements of the book.

It was ok..could of been worse.

But i enjoy the debate between the church and science.

One film/ documentry i would say is worth seeing is Religulous

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0815241/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I liked it - it's good if you can suspend disbelief at the silly things, like a university symbologist fighting crime.
    Give Leon a kick and tell him to get to work!

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    It is a source of ceaseless amazement to me how people take exception to elements stated in a work of fiction!
    The great authors went to extreme lengths to substantiate their stories with in depth research of the subject of their novels, or short stories! I've never heard anyone take exception to Eco's assertions in "The Name of the Rose", or "Foucault’s Pendulum". In arguably his greatest short story Nathanial Hawthorne used the entire first page to explaining how "Rapacinni's Daughter" was translated from a fictitious French Author! Poe so thoroughly researched his subjects that he was very comfortable expressing his stories as fact. S.A.C. Doyle wrote Holmes as if it was real detective work. Dan Brown is just following in a tradition that is time tested, but more importantly most effective!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    It is a source of ceaseless amazement to me how people take exception to elements stated in a work of fiction!
    The great authors went to extreme lengths to substantiate their stories with in depth research of the subject of their novels, or short stories! I've never heard anyone take exception to Eco's assertions in "The Name of the Rose", or "Foucault’s Pendulum". In arguably his greatest short story Nathanial Hawthorne used the entire first page to explaining how "Rapacinni's Daughter" was translated from a fictitious French Author! Poe so thoroughly researched his subjects that he was very comfortable expressing his stories as fact. S.A.C. Doyle wrote Holmes as if it was real detective work. Dan Brown is just following in a tradition that is time tested, but more importantly most effective!
    And H.P. Lovecraft has such amazing horror scifi stories, that von Deniken rewrite them as pseudoscience and some people bought it
    Formula 1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    It is a source of ceaseless amazement to me how people take exception to elements stated in a work of fiction!!
    Maybe some people take exception because the uneducated will take fiction as fact and that is always dangerous...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what debate between church and science?

the book is fiction, and a good one, but nothing else, or what's next? Harry Potter is actually a true story?
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper_S
    Maybe some people take exception because the uneducated will take fiction as fact and that is always dangerous...
    well said

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper_S
    Of course let's sacrifice the quality of art for the benefit of the uneducated, and, paranoid

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S
    Well said
    But misplaced!
    May the forza be with you