Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by studiose
    Ah. So he veered to the right just to let Alonso by on the left?
    Did you not even look at the picture I posted? Alonso was in his slipstream and he moved to the right to protect the inside line. There was no "veering" at all. Look at how quickly Alonso moved to the right when he jumped out of Webber's slipstream. That was "veering". Webber's move to the right is slow and orderly in comparison.

These protests are now starting to border on trolling.

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ent
    Did you not even look at the picture I posted? Alonso was in his slipstream and he moved to the right to protect the inside line. There was no "veering" at all. Look at how quickly Alonso moved to the right when he jumped out of Webber's slipstream. That was "veering". Webber's move to the right is slow and orderly in comparison.
    Do forgive me. English is not my first language, so sometimes I don't use words in quite the right way.

I should have said, in a sarcastic response to woody2goody, "Ah. So he moved to the right just to let Alonso by on the left?"

And if this discussion annoys you, feel free to not participate.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ent
    I'm sick of all this stupid argument about blocking and chopping, especially since there was none of either of those things. It was a great overtaking move by Alonso and nothing more.

As words wont convince people, I've had to grab screen images from the video and paste them together...

The only thing Webber was guilty of was being passed by Alonso in one of the best passes of the season so far.
    Q: can you cut the pit lane like that before the pit lane bland line would have been nice if some one was coming ot of pit lane ?
    Alonso cut the pit lane be for the white line
    Japan - Massa crosses over white line and leaves the marked track, driving into pit exit, while passing Webber, no penalty
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I cant believe people are complaining about blocking.

I remember champ car (and probably indy car now) had a no blocking rule and it makes the racing boring as hell. Taking a place comes down to just pressing your i win (push2pass) button and not out breaking yourself. Wheres the fun or excitement in that?

Leave silly no blocking rules to crap yank racing and let the real drivers of formula 1 actually race.
    Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. - P.J. O'Rourke

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blancvino
    Forcing him to the grass through pit exit is not aggressive, it's blocking!
    Alonso had time to back off, he chose to run on the grass, thats brave.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    If that is the case, my good fellow, then you just don't have standards!

Let me make this point again: Senna, the hardest of them all, eventually came to the conclusion that what he did at Estoril '88 was wrong.
    Did he really apologise for that? That was never Senna's style!

[youtube]ko94oniszuA[/youtube]

I do have standards. I feel what Senna did in Japan 1990 was wrong and so too Schumi at Jerez 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Did he really apologise for that? That was never Senna's style!
    Yeah, I read it ages ago from an interview with Prost.

And it not being his style is part of my point. I mean, Senna almost always thought he was right, even when noone else did. But Estoril '88 was, I guess, something he couldn't justify to himself, on reflection.

Going for gaps, racing hard - I've no problem with that! Really. Why on earth would I?! I'm a fan too. I just feel that Webber-Alonso at Barca was the same as Senna-Prost at Estoril. Just a bully move. Which I think shouldn't be a part of F1. And I say this as one of the biggest Senna fans.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Here's a question. Why on earth is Senna heavily criticized for this, then:

[youtube]yjfwRrvtlNw[/youtube]

Please, tell. I really want to know!
    Because before Senna there weren't drivers who regularly swerved to defend their positions.

Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Because before Senna there weren't drivers who regularly swerved to defend their positions.
    So are you saying that because Webber wasn't the first one to do it, it's ok?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by big_sw2000
    Alonso had time to back off, he chose to run on the grass, thats brave.
    I think that's the point some people here are missing. It was a brilliant overtaking move by Alonso. He has a history of it. Didn't he overtake someone on the outside of 130R at Suzuka? He's a great driver to watch when he goes for the overtaking in those half gaps most drivers back away from. It also shows the faith the top drivers have in the driver they are overtaking, to see them coming from an unexpected place, as was the case here. Big thumbs up to Alonso.