Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    Yeah, but after a few cautions the drivers should be smart enough to pit for new tires without being prompted by NASCAR.
    a race is a race, as they say in golf "got to play it where is lands"

so the question would have had it where drivers cant go flat out and have to take care of the tires, I thought it would've been a great chess match but Nascar handed the teams a freebie.

and don't say nascar does anything for Safety, because in reality they don't, have they done anything to talladega after the outcry over half the drivers said to Nascar and the track
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The solution is for NASCAR to leave Indy. NASCAR doesn't need it.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    The solution is for NASCAR to leave Indy. NASCAR doesn't need it.
    Leave the most famous racetrack in the world in favor of an unexciting and unknown track in hillbilly country? NASCAR really needs to put you in charge of marketing.
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2mtt
    Leave the most famous racetrack in the world in favor of an unexciting and unknown track in hillbilly country? NASCAR really needs to put you in charge of marketing.
    The way things are going at Indy, pretty soon no one is going to be attending or watching the NASCAR race there. Best to go to a racetrack where they can actually race

Hillbilly country??? NASCAR should put you in charge of public relations.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Angry

Leave the most famous racetrack in the world in favor of an unexciting and unknown track in hillbilly country?
    NASCAR really needs to put you in charge of marketing.
    "hillbilly country" is a very offensive term, it throws a negative light on NASCAR imo.
    Perhaps I should have deleted your comment but I will leave it for all to see.
    If you can't talk without throwing insults you won't be welcome in the NASCAR forum.
    Consider this a warning as I won't bother with a PM & start an off the board argument.
    ================================================== ==========
    FYI the famous Indianapolis track hosted the worst NASCAR race of 2008.
    If Goodyear can't make a tire to stay together @ Indy, then they need to work with Firestone ...
    or NASCAR should leave the Brickyard & move the race someplace else where the racing would be better
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the problem isn't goodyear though, it was the car.

Nascar should bring back the old car for this race only and the problem would disappear, they never had tire problems with that car, but when the CoT made its first actual race last year, thats where the problem stemmed.

or I say they run the Road course section
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be offensive with the hillbilly comment. My point is Kentucky Speedway is an new & unknown track in in the country in Kentucky, and yet another mile-and-a-half track. It may deserve a race, but not Indy's!

Goodyear needs to make a better tire, NASCAR requires the inner liner, and then leave it up to to the drivers & crews to setup & drive to make the tires last.

The mandatory cautions just enabled teams to continue using their fast but unreasonably aggressive setups.
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be offensive with the hillbilly comment. My point is Kentucky Speedway is an new & unknown track in in the country in Kentucky, and yet another mile-and-a-half track. It may deserve a race, but not Indy's!.
    New and unknown track? The Nationwide series has been racing there since it opened.

In the country? So are many other NASCAR tracks. The Kentucky Speedway is 61 miles from Louisville and 49 miles from Cincinatti (you know, where people who aren't from Kentucky live). It is also 152 miles from Indianapolis. They seem to make it to this track for the IRL race.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    I say they run the Road course section
    Thats actually a pretty good idea,im guessiing the lower speed and infield loop will help with tyre wear (although it didnt for f1 the other year)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmr2
    Thats actually a pretty good idea,im guessiing the lower speed and infield loop will help with tyre wear (although it didnt for f1 the other year)
    I like that idea also. I went to all but one of the F1 races at Indy, and with the exception of the turns they call "Mickey & Minnie", I think the NASCAR race would be an improvement on the road course. I would love to see the cars go barreling into that 90 degree right-hander on the first lap.