Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts

Indy tire testing

Flicking through Autosport mag recently and the recent tire test wasn't very good. Still can't do half a tank of fuel without destroying the tyres.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thank the great piece of crap car.

another Brickyard 400 it looks like with an asterisk to the winner. I just hope Nascar lets the teams race this time and force them to pit when they feel they need to pit, it would've been alot more interesting to have seen it played out that way last year, then to see Nascar have a caution every 12 laps
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    NASCAR needs to forget about Indy. Move that race to Kentucky.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Lee Roy...I wouldn't go out of my way to watch another race on a 1.5 mile cookie cutter. I would rather they solve the tire issue.

Nothing against Kentucky, but this car is far more entertaining on flat ovals than it is anywhere else. Indy however is a headache, I wont disagree.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Lee Roy...I wouldn't go out of my way to watch another race on a 1.5 mile cookie cutter. I would rather they solve the tire issue.

Nothing against Kentucky, but this car is far more entertaining on flat ovals than it is anywhere else. Indy however is a headache, I wont disagree.
    It would still be more of a race than what we saw at indy last year. If it dont work this year they should ask nicely if they would repave the track, if they dont go elsewhere.

Theres a couple of good tracks in North Carolina that had some pretty good racing that could be brought back from the dead (I know its a Pipe dream)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    thank the great piece of crap car.

another Brickyard 400 it looks like with an asterisk to the winner. I just hope Nascar lets the teams race this time and force them to pit when they feel they need to pit, it would've been alot more interesting to have seen it played out that way last year, then to see Nascar have a caution every 12 laps
    At the rate the tires were falling apart there would've been a caution every few laps anyway. NASCAR called cautions to protect the drivers from serious injury and I can't beat them up for that.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If they still cant get the tyres work why dont nascar change the race format to something along the lines of the allstar event and make it a non points weekend?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb

If Goodyear was smart, they would sub-contract out the manufacturing of the tires for Indy.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1329
    At the rate the tires were falling apart there would've been a caution every few laps anyway. NASCAR called cautions to protect the drivers from serious injury and I can't beat them up for that.
    Yeah, but after a few cautions the drivers should be smart enough to pit for new tires without being prompted by NASCAR.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How about steel belted radials? but put the steel belts on the outside. Every corner could be a powerslide through a shower of sparks... good show for a night race. :-D
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus