Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New forum

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I guess you could say it's the automotive equivalent of ice skating. That's not to say that it doesn't take skill, I'm sure it does. It doesn't seem to be akin to all other motorsports, i.e. high-performance and tuned chassis/engine combinations with the purpose of traversing from Point A to Point B faster than your competitor, while maintaining endurance and reliability of the entire car. Once again, that doesn't mean that there are not any incredibly fast and nimble cars in drift events either. And the results seem to be subjective to me, more of a style event than one based on speed, acceleration, and braking.

That and the crowd that follows drifting (from the events I've seen here in the US) seems to be the boy racer/ricer crowd that is more concerned with ostentatious stereos (I prefer the sound of the engine anyhow), loud and annoying bee-sounding exhausts, and expensive paint jobs. At least that's the impression I get.

To each, his/her own.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    I thought I'd take this opportunity to create one of the most requested forums on the site (no not drifting )
    I am personally willing to pay you money never to start a drifting section on this forum!
    wrc.smugmug.com

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ST205GT4
    I am personally willing to pay you money never to start a drifting section on this forum!
    Trust me Mark doesn't need any further reason to not have drifting on the forums
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No speed camera thread yet then
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wish you people would stop picking on my sport.

And it's pronounced Doriftin as well, get it right people :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, bullies drifting eats some very expensive top level single seater procession racing that some fools spend millions on. Drift = fun, noise, smoke, close battles, adrenaline rushes and craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssshhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! The only single seaters I have seen at a circuit and enjoyed were the Formula BMWs [for the noise] Put it this way, those that don't want to look at a drift forum, do not need to visit it. Ten Tenths has one, so why can't we?? This is real drifting:
    http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...=Mustang+drift
    http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...35&q=Formula+D
    http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...4786017&q=D1GB (inc Time Attack)
    Not:
    http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...&q=Metro+Drift (chavs)

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Because it's not motorsport. It's figure skating with an engine.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There is a big debate over whether it is a motorsport or not,there should be a vote. A motorsport does not have to be a race against others or time same as a sport does not have to be a race. Look at the Olympics, it is not all ball games, shooting games and races is it. I know of an Austalian forum member who is going to see Drift Australia next year but nobody slagged them off.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grassrootsracer
    I guess you could say it's the automotive equivalent of ice skating. That's not to say that it doesn't take skill, I'm sure it does. It doesn't seem to be akin to all other motorsports, i.e. high-performance and tuned chassis/engine combinations with the purpose of traversing from Point A to Point B faster than your competitor, while maintaining endurance and reliability of the entire car. Once again, that doesn't mean that there are not any incredibly fast and nimble cars in drift events either. And the results seem to be subjective to me, more of a style event than one based on speed, acceleration, and braking.

That and the crowd that follows drifting (from the events I've seen here in the US) seems to be the boy racer/ricer crowd that is more concerned with ostentatious stereos (I prefer the sound of the engine anyhow), loud and annoying bee-sounding exhausts, and expensive paint jobs. At least that's the impression I get.

To each, his/her own.
    That is the wrong impression mate, look at the drift followers on http://www.driftworks.com/forum , no rice Civics with ICE,no twats, just rear wheel drive sports cars and saloons with as litttle mods as a welded up diff or as many as an engine rebuild and many tuning parts which can make a 200sx go faster than a Porsche.
    I wouldgive you +rep if the forum wouldn't say I was logged out even though I am editing my post right now
    The top level drift cars are all road legal (at least in the UK) which is why chassis mods do not go as far as race cars. Many race/rally drivers compete(d) in drifting, notably Super GT racer Noberto Taniguchi and up-and-coming rally driver Tony Green (I am not sure what level of rallying he is at as he is broke at the moment.)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://www.everythingdrift.com/index...d=84&Itemid=32
    This is the list of non Jap and non American drifters at the D1 World Final, Irwindale speedway, CA, USA
    Full list:
    Car No. Team Machine
    1 JP Nobushige Kumakubo Orange GDB
    2 JP Ken Nomura BLITZ ER34
    3 JP Yasuyuki Kazama M.O.V.E S15
    4 JP Masato Kawabata TRUST S15
    5 JP Toshiki Yoshioka DRoo-P AE86
    6 JP Tatsuya Sakuma APP S15
    7 JP Katsuhiro Ueo NKB AE86
    8 JP Hideo Hiraoka Wise Square S15
    9 JP Tsuyoshi Tezuka Bee Racing HCR32
    10 JP Masao Suenaga RE amemiya FD3S