Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New forum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Yes but it's like comparing speedskating to figure skating. I don't like sports where someone's interpretation of how someone is driving or skating or swimming or whatever I much prefer a stopwatch to be used to judge who is the best That's why Rally, F1, touring cars and the rest are sport and drifting is...... well it's just not a proper sport.

I think the fact that people on here compared to other forums tend to be purists is the reason why this forum will probably never have a drifting section.
    quite bizarre

i fail to see how anyone could claim that its not motorsport? its not motorracing and never claims to be but who could seriously try to claim that its not motorsport??? what do you think the cars are powered by.... rubber bands?
    I know that theres a inbuilt snobbery against drifting due to the chav's etc but its a great shame that some desperately cling to their pre-conceived ideas without knowing anything whatsoever about the sport.... let alone actually watching it!

Oh and one last though........ its one form of motorsport where the cheque book dosn't rule

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I do know about the sport The only magazine I bother subscribing to has the occasional article on drifting.

Like I said it may be powered by a motor but it's scored by what people think is most spectacular. That to me is like ice skating. Sure it takes skill but it's not RACING! To me a sport is something where you can objectively measure the difference between two or more competitors and therefore decide who's the winner. Sure drifting takes skill. I don't disagree. But driving a car from point A to point B as fast as possible takes more skill. Driving a car with the arse end hanging out is only part of the skill of driving a car.

Don't assume that just because people don't like drifting that they've never watched it or had any exposure to it.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    By the way, my opinions were generated when I attended a drift event at Sears Point/Infineon in 2004 as well as attending an autocross test & tune event in Atlanta in September that was a few parking lots away from another drift event.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scrutineertwo
    quite bizarre

i fail to see how anyone could claim that its not motorsport? its not motorracing and never claims to be but who could seriously try to claim that its not motorsport??? what do you think the cars are powered by.... rubber bands?
    I know that theres a inbuilt snobbery against drifting due to the chav's etc but its a great shame that some desperately cling to their pre-conceived ideas without knowing anything whatsoever about the sport.... let alone actually watching it!

Oh and one last though........ its one form of motorsport where the cheque book dosn't rule
    I generated my opinions after attending a drift event at Sears Point/Infineon in Summer 2004 as well as an autocross test & tune event in Atlanta in September that was a few parking lots away from another drift event.

Another form of motorsports where the "check book" doesn't rule is Grassroots Motorsports $200x Challenge.