Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    Kentucky will probably replace Atlanta for one race and if Vegas gets another date it will at the cost of NHIS, IMHO.

I agree with lee roy though, Iindy should be canned. I just hope they don't lose a road race.
    but the the race at indy is aguably the 2nd most presteagas race on the schedual, i dont see any reason to do away with it
    2009 Truck Pick'em Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade91
    but the the race at indy is aguably the 2nd most presteagas race on the schedual, i dont see any reason to do away with it
    The NASCAR races at Indy are not doing too well these days. Last year's race was a disaster. I doubt that NASCAR races there will draw much of a crowd if the races there continue like they are, and given the recent tire tests, I'm not sure they will ever get better.

The NASCAR race at Indy will cease to be the 2nd most prestigious race on the schedule if no one is showing up to watch it.

The Kentucky Speedway is essentially in the same market as Indy, so that area will still be covered.

Plus, I'd love to see what happens to the IRL when it no longer has the NASCAR race at Indy to supplement it's financial losses.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't think Bruton bought NHIS for nothing. I'll be surprised if the track doesn't lose a race.

If this year's race at Indy is anything like last years race - i.e. big bad joke - it will be the stick-a-fork-in-it moment.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

IMO Loudon can go away, I won't miss it ...

I never cared for the racing @ Loudon, too boring IMO ...
    when Adam Petty died in a crash there, I disliked Loudon even more.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    tracks have fatalities, its unfortunent, but it happens, the greatest tracks in the world all have deaths from racing.

I love NHIS, why, cause its different. not a boring ass 1.5 cookie cutter where when one guy hits the set-up 10 cars are on the lead lap by 50 laps.

plus New Hampshire still sellouts there races at well over 100K. one of the few tracks that still sellout every race
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Remember, Texas sued its way for the Chase. I wonder if Kentucky learned its lesson -- sue to get its way.
    In Christ,
    Bobby

Deuteronomy 31:6-8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyC
    Remember, Texas sued its way for the Chase. I wonder if Kentucky learned its lesson -- sue to get its way.
    Kentuky's suit hasn't had much success so far. Doubt it will.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    NASCAR should move the race at Indianapolis to Kentucky. They're never going to get the CUP cars to run right at Indy and pretty soon very few people will be going to the races there anyway.
    Nice idea...but the networks and sponsors dictate Nascar's decisions. They place would have to look like a Nationwide race at AutoClub Speedway before they'd pull the plug on Indy.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Either Atlanta or New Hampshire will lose a race. Since Dover, Indy and Pocono aren't owned by one of the big 2 track owners, those races are safe. And Hell will freeze over before ISC gives one of its Cup race dates to SMI.
    Don't take life seriously; you'll never get out of it alive!