Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    You're out of your league Freddy. You are the person saying that Jr has no talent. Now you are saying that you can't include 3 of his best years when judging him. What else would you like to exclude to prove your point. Oh, maybe we should exclude Jr's 2 Busch Series Championships.

The point is....you say Jr has no talent. Yet his record says he has done very good and much better than most drivers in Cup.

Why live on past glories Muggle, we're in the present not the past that you would rather be in... how many wins in the last 103 races in Cup?

Anyway, i don't have time for discussions with a Jnr "lover"... Just blow him a big kiss next time you see him as you like him so much

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't sell Freddy short, Muggle. I've actually been to a couple of NASCAR races with him and his wife (Richmond and Dover). And if he says he knows a guy on a Cup team, I have no doubt that he does. Fred has an amazing ability to make friends with people. He may be slightly irritating at times on racing forums, but in person he's a solid citizen.

I have no doubt that Fred's friend made the comment. But do I believe their opinion? Well, let's just say that my opinion is different.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    Don't sell Freddy short, Muggle. I've actually been to a couple of NASCAR races with him and his wife (Richmond and Dover). And if he says he knows a guy on a Cup team, I have no doubt that he does. Fred has an amazing ability to make friends with people. He may be slightly irritating at times on racing forums, but in person he's a solid citizen.

I have no doubt that Fred's friend made the comment. But do I believe their opinion? Well, let's just say that my opinion is different.
    Lee Roy....I do not doubt that Fred is a solid citizen and probably even a nice guy when you get to know him. He does though need some "learning" about Nascar from time to time. If only he could stop being such a P.I.A. and learn some from others like you what Nascar is all about.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think a change of crew chiefs would be good for both Jrs. Last season wasnt great and this season is looking worse. Hendrick must have sponsers asking him questions about performance?, if i was paying 20 million dollars a year for that car id be asking serious questions.

I think Tony Jr is a good crew chief but maybe the working relashionship has gone stale and maybe Dale Jr has got a little too comfortable for his own good. Dale Jr has said in the past he doesnt want a new crew chief because "he enjoys racing with his cousin" but with the amounts of money being thrown around surely its got to be about more than just going out and having fun. And i doubt that at the moment they cant be having much fun anyways.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i would not blame the crew chief if the driver is the weakest link

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah but the crew chief always gets dumped before the driver does, old hippie. I like Dale Jr but something is definitely amiss. He's better than this and statistics back that up. His last name wasn't holding the steering wheel through two Busch championships and the 22 wins in that series plus 18 Cup wins including thae Daytona 500. I just don't know how long HMS will be able to avoid making changes.

RCR had to bite the bullet with the #07 and #29 teams. It's too soon to tell how that will pan out but at least Casey had a good finish. Harvick found himself some bad luck but he seemed to be running well.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    What this always comes back to is the theory Jr. has no talent was was carried all the way through 18 Cup wins and 22 wins in Nationwide/Busch. The point still is, you don't get all of THAT with luck. His last name didn't win those races. He did. I can not count the number of times he was running up front when the motor let go either. Maybe there was a win or two more in the cards?

Now the last two years, one points win in Cup, one non points win, and some good runs. Ok, so we established he HAD talent and results, but now he isn't getting them. Is it his fault? Tony Jr's Fault? Likely a bit of both.

I think Tony Jr. HAS to go only because it will tell everyone once and for all whether this is Tony or Dale's mess. I like Tony, I think there is a lot of evidence that he is a good crew chief, but this car and his adjustments during the race have rarely put Dale in a position to win this year, and Dale always seemed to be fighting to hold onto a setup. Now a lot of that could be in his trying to change Tony's mind and opinion of what is required from the driver's seat, a cardinal sin, but I suspect that doesn't happen too often, or at least not as often as people think. It just think it is a combinination of things.

Just remember, Hendrick has been down this road before. Once upon a time he had Darrell Waltrip as a driver, with Gary Nelson on the box and Waddel Wilson as the Car chief and everyone figured they would mop the floor with everyone. Instead....they sucked and never won a race with those three. You telling me Gary Nelson wasn't one of the great crew chiefs and Waddell all the sudden became an idiot? Waltrip was a Hall of Fame worthy driver, but he suddenly suck?

Winning races sometimes has a lot to do with chemistry. Personal chemistry.

It is why I think Tony Jr. should step aside if they can find the right guy to come into the situation and stabilize it. The problem is, that guy isn't out there right now......
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Senior Member The instant classic's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the sad thing is dale jr doesnt have to win a race for the rest of his racing career fans/nascar will still say hes the most popular
    hell if i was nascar most popular driver why wolud i even try every sunday?
    i sometimes wonder if thats what jr thinks?
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The reality is that no owner including Hendrick is going to change Jr. If he wants to improve the performance of the 88 car, Tony's got to go. Switch him with Mark's crew chief and see what happens. I don't think Jr is even wanting to keep Tony as his crew chief, but he wants it to be forced upon him so it doesn't make him look bad.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Look for Jr. to be back at DEI next year.

He will have FULL control at DEI.
    Threesa has seen the light and knows she has sheet in her mess kit.
    Bass Pro gone next year.

No doubt he is getting RnD stuff as Hendricks does
    most new drivers. Last year was just the first year he had to make a good showing.
    Tonight his team mates WIN and are in the top 5, he gets 27th..
    Even rookie 09 makes a top 10.

He has been running like that. Either Tony just can't make it or Jr. just sucks
    in his ability, he makes more off the track.

At Dega they give him some good stuff just because that is his track..
    Who knows but something is not right with it.