Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannex
    Toro Rosso is indeed saying that there are substantial differences between the two cars.
    Franz Tost has explained their position:
    "Before we decided what to do for 2007 we very carefully studied the regulation with lawyers and with the FIA together. And then the interpretation from our side is quite clear, that we do not run the customer car.
    We have our own car, which is, in many aspects, totally different to the Red Bull car, and the design of the car is being made by Red Bull Technology, together with Adrian Newey, in co-operation with the designers of Toro Rosso. Therefore I think we are within the regulations."
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56726
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

They may look similar, but my bet is that beneath the bodywork the design around the engine bay & gearbox is different, which therefore makes them different from each other.

Atleast it does from a lawyers point of view, and that is the most important point of view regarding RBR & STR. It was that argument that did it for the 1995 Ligier & the 1994 Benetton, and a precedent is a handy thing to have in a legal argument.

Sorry Sir Frank, but your'e screwed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    seriously though, i looked at the two pictures for like an hour trying to find differences, and could only come up with oneL the red bull had an extra horizontal fin on the winglet in front of the rear tyre.

this is of course going on the (lofty?) assumption that tonio didn't have an incident on track that might have knocked it off...
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So in theory both cars should be on simillar times pace wise. Granted both have different engines, but both are brilliant engines. I wouldnt be surprised if Scuderia Torro Rosso upstage their "bigger brother" team on more than 1 occasion. I reckon that this is last chance saloon for Scott Speed if he doesn't score a point this year. I just hope he is the second driver.
    Come on Subaru, sort it out!!!!!

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    I wonder who will develop each car during the season, assuming that the courts don't give one or the other the boot?

I think Newey is technically no longer an employee of Red Bull Racing, but is now employed by a different Red Bull company. In this case, shouldn't the developments he and his team come up with be passed on to both RBR and STR?

How much do you want to bet that STR have to come up with their own developments?
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    When Berger first says that the cars are different, and then emphasizes that they have looked carefully into the Concorde agreement, you have to deduce that the cars are not that different
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    who cares? let the green lights talk !!! :P

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Adrian Newey designed the cars and I think (within the rules) that he can design for two teams in one season if he so wishes.

He's hardly going to change his own designs is he to make the cars *look* different, I'm willing to bet the stuff under the body is a bit more different than it merely appears. Let's face it to the untrained eye most F1 cars look alike these days.

However that said if it continues like this my support for Red Bull this season will take a big knock.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How different were last year's RB and STR cars? They looked very similar to me, with the biggest difference being the restrictor in the STR's airbox intake.

Someone needs to find comparison pics of the B195 and JS41. I remember there were similar legal threats against the "Blue Benetton".
    \"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DimitraF1
    who cares?
    Williams and Spyker
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993