Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrambide
    Anyone knows how Jan is doing these days?
    I haven't heard anything from him in a while. Shoot him a PM and see what's up.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There seems to be so much happening -- or not happening -- I can't keep track of it all. Sorry I've been off the air for awhile....seems like I'm going to doctors all the time. Well, my take: I don't think it helps Indycar and Versus/NBC Sports for the NHL to have a spat if they're trying to make a big move to grow the network, i.e., Indycar and others' ratings. The schedule? Think the doubleheaders are a bit screwy but the Triple Crown is back and should draw attention. Call that one a plus. Bernard? Nice guy but knew little about the sport or WHERE to go outside the box to grow it. Have no idea who'll get the job or who SHOULD get the job, but after Mark Miles and Jeff Belskus decide on someone, that person is going to be the one to do it....people don't cross the street much between the IRL and IMS offices and both Miles and Belskus are Hulman & Co. and IMS, respectively. Seems like there should be plenty of race cars because it's not nearly as droopy around Indy with crewmen being laid off for the winter, etc., as it's been in past years. With 19 races, it could be a good season. 'Bout all from here. Hey, Starter, I KNOW the Smokey Stover who played linebacker for the 1964 Kansas City Chiefs and HE didn't talk like that!

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by indycool
    Hey, Starter, I KNOW the Smokey Stover who played linebacker for the 1964 Kansas City Chiefs and HE didn't talk like that!
    Wrong Smokey Stover. Try the comic strip from the 40's & 50's.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh, okay....you're way ahead of me there!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Good to see you back online, Jan. While I was browsing another racing site I saw a "SamC". I wasn't registered so I couldn't say hello to him. But I assume it was the same SamC that I used to spar with way back when. I hope he is well. These days, I feel like us "old timers" are sort of like old Civil War soldiers who are still hanging around the VFW hall. Only in our case, both sides wound up losing. Oh well... I hope you're well. Please say hello for me to any others from days gone by that you bump into.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanx, Jag, and same to you....I get and feel your reference to old soldiers hanging around the VFW Hall. There are some who now have that conflict permanently in their DNA and others just moving right along. Funny that way. The quote at the bottom of your post says it all...Davy Crockett could build the best log cabin east of the Mississippi but the word computer wasn't even around till 75 years or so later. It'll be that way with Indycarracing. Will definitely say hello for you amongst the clan in Indy. Best......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, knock me over with a feather. Look who's back. Good to see you here again Jan. Don't be a stranger, ok?

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanx, Gary....good to be here....will try to "stay aboard."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The one and only IC, good to see(actually read) you are doing well.
    Jose Arrambide
    Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition
    Monty Python Flying Circus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanx, Jose....with this thread, I feel like I'm back at home online.