Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That is how I see it. Your racing for 1st.
    Nobody remembers 2nd.
    Don't think I could live with everybody knowing I lifted & let a man beat me.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceFanStan
    What part of "when the leader crashes due to the contact it is WRONG" do you not understand ???

Stan...you amaze me. Last year, Smith goes below the yellow line and doesn't lift, which the last time I looked is what you do when the guy is waving checkers, and gets dumped back to the end of the lead lap for passing under the yellow. This year, Carl does what Tony did, pushes the kid down to make him back off. Young Brad remembers what happened to Regan Smith last year and doesn't give ground. Pretty simply it sums up all that is wrong with this form of racing. Neither guy did anything wrong yet we almost put the flipping fool ( I say that with love ) in the stands.

Brad had to do what he did or people would be leaning on him the rest of his career. What Carl did wrong if anything was leaving that yellow line. I would have hugged it and forced anyone wanting by to go to the outside to do it. That said, Carl was blocking, which is done ALL the time here and at Daytona. When you block...sometimes it goes all wrong.

This was NOT a case of a guy doing a dump and run because he couldn't be bothered with a clean pass. This was a case of a leader cutting off the faster car within sight of the line. I don't care if it is Dega or Martinsville, there isn't any giving up any ground within feet of the start finish.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb

In years past it was the policy that the leader picked his line. (re: Bill France & Bill France Jr)
    To pass the leader a driver had to pick a line where the leader wasn't.
    Moving a driver for the lead was once only acceptable on a short-track but now it happens everywhere.
    This is just Brian France focusing on the show instead of addressing a potential problem.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mark WINS this Thread...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In years past it was the policy that the leader picked his line. (re: Bill France & Bill France Jr)
    So what happens when the leader isn't driving in a line?
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    does it really matter, Nascar died the same day Brian france and Nextel took the helm
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Moving a driver for the lead was once only acceptable on a short-track but now it happens everywhere.
    This is just Brian France focusing on the show instead of addressing a potential problem.
    Don't start putting this off on Brian France. The leader picked his LINE? That was the policy? Sure it was....so Petty was penalized because he got into Pearson in 76 at the Daytona 500 because he got into Pearson or vice versa? THAT's racing....sometimes you hit when you are at close quarters fighting for inches on the race track.

The leader picked his line, he left the bottom open, and then when Keselowski went inside, Carl realized he had to block. So blocking is now officially ok only if you are a leader? Listen, it was just racing, Carl tried to shut the door and left it open too long and he paid the price. The kid played the game the way he had to after watching what happened with Regan and Tony last year. Since NASCAR had no issues with this finish, and had issues when Regan passed Tony under the yellow, I guess they are ok with this result. I fail to see the inconsistency here, and while I think plate racing is artificial and not what NASCAR is the other 32 races a years, I think this is the game they are playing with the box they put the cars in. I don't blame the drivers, and I really find it hard to figure out what NASCAR can do in this one.

I just fail however to see the point in blaming Anyone for this by saying "They did this wrong, or that driver was in the wrong". It's plate racing...you don't give ground yards from the finish.......I didn't make the rule up...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".