Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unhappy Unsportsmanship conduct

I have never seen any like the very unsportman like conduct of Brad Kesolowski . To push someone out of the way that is the race leader is just not acceptable to me. Then once in victory lane Brad conducted himself like a grade school child and not once inquired on the condition of the injured spectators or even his fellow race driver Carl Edwards. As NASCAR attempts to produce a professional series they as the sanctioning body should send Mr Kesolowski far far away--- perhaps to the local demo derby circuit. One would be hard pressed to find actions like his at a 1/4 mile saturday evening bull ring.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Brad did nothing wrong! Carl tryed to push Brad below the yellow line, but Brad went below the line he whould get penalized!

Carl came down and hooked hemself!
    2009 Truck Pick'em Champion

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martini99
    I have never seen any like the very unsportman like conduct of Brad Kesolowski . To push someone out of the way that is the race leader is just not acceptable to me. Then once in victory lane Brad conducted himself like a grade school child and not once inquired on the condition of the injured spectators or even his fellow race driver Carl Edwards. As NASCAR attempts to produce a professional series they as the sanctioning body should send Mr Kesolowski far far away--- perhaps to the local demo derby circuit. One would be hard pressed to find actions like his at a 1/4 mile saturday evening bull ring.
    1) Brad stated several times in severel interviews that he was glad Carl was OK, so he already had knowlege and had no need to inquire

2) Carl came down on him, not the other way around (and Carl stated that fact in his own interview

3) What was Brad supposed to do? Ask Regan Smith what happens when you try to avoid the wreck coming to finish line for the win. You get penalized.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote="martini99"]I have never seen any like the very unsportman like conduct of Brad Kesolowski . To push someone out of the way that is the race leader is just not acceptable to me. Then once in victory lane Brad QUOTE]

I think you were watching a different race. CLEARLY EDWARDS CAME DOWN ON HIM. The Polock did not move his line

Read EDWARDS QUOTE WORD FOR WORD.. Read "Brad was doing everything right"

"NASCAR can talk about aggressive driving zones all they want, but you aren't going to win a race unless you are pushing a guy all the way around the race track," Edwards said.

"Brad was doing everything right. He was pushing, and that's what you have to do to win. If he drives below the yellow line, he loses the race, so what's a guy to do?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    You must be a newbie racing fan. Brad held his line and Carl came down into him. Carl made a big mistake, hope he learned his lesson.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This has a good recap of the race.
    When Edwards comes down see what 09 does
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?...yhoo&type=lgns

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    It amazes me how millions can watch an event, and all see something different.

Carl made a mistake. He admits it too. Basically he migrated up the race track away from the double yellow apron line. When he did this, Brad dropped out of the draft and stuck his nose in there. Carl, realizing what was going on, tried to block Brad. Once Carl moved down, Brad's nose was in there and I don't even think Brad had a chance to react before he was into the 99.

This wreck is a racing incident at this type of race track. It doesn't happen anywhere but Talledega and Daytona. The drafting and pushing phenomena is unique to NASCAR and in the case of any race series, those who block cant complain when they get run over. Carl blocked and didn't block in a manner that was going to put him anywhere but sideways.

As for the guys caring about the fans and each other, they often know on each other's condition before anyone in the stands or media knows, and they all care about the fans. Believe me...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martini99

Apparently you didn't watch the race. Carl wrecked himself trying to block Brad.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Brad even apologised didn't he? Certainly mentioned he was glad Carl was ok several times - as for fans, think it was still too early to know.

Didn't he say something like hope everyone is ok?

Also, didn't Mike Joy say he didn't see any debris fly into the crowd during a replay? There was showers of the stuff. Wonder Waltrip and Larry kept quiet there rather than mention the large and small chunks of metal swirling around the stand injuring seven people.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    To me the more important underlying issue is that of safety. It was an unusual accident certainly, but it doesn't bear thinking about had the car gone through the fence. I'm not sure what measures can be taken, but perhaps it's worth looking at? The same applies to the IRL as well. I know the fence did its job remarkably well, but could a car vault a fence? I hope not.