Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 game

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevincal
    Unfortunately in F1 2011 people are finding tons of bugs and the laps times are way off from real life again. I guess they care more about making money off F1 than quality. Dont get me wrong, still a cool game, but just a slap in the face that they continue releasing games riddled with bugs etc.
    I've not played the game yet but all of the bugs I've read about aren't really bugs at all.

E.g. complaints about not being able to change setups between qualifying, ballast distribution etc. These are the rules in F1 this year...
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevincal
    Unfortunately in F1 2011 people are finding tons of bugs and the laps times are way off from real life again. I guess they care more about making money off F1 than quality. Dont get me wrong, still a cool game, but just a slap in the face that they continue releasing games riddled with bugs etc.
    What bugs are they? Ive heard the AI really dosnt like to overtake you unless its using the DRS and then you can just out brake them at the next corner?

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    What bugs are they? Ive heard the AI really dosnt like to overtake you unless its using the DRS and then you can just out brake them at the next corner?
    Just like real -life
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    Oh you mean more like real life

Well you two told me

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Just bought it and played it for an hour. First impressions are that its harder to play than F1 2010 which is a bonus because the last one was far too easy IMO. The graphics on the otherhand are nowhere near as good as the last game. The environment renders lack texture and the colour looks false. I loved to be able to see the surface of the tyre in the last game as the sun lit up the surface but the Pirelli tyres look like solid black shapes that don't really look realistic IMO. The racing line indicator is set for 'corners only' and it appears to hover about a metre above the track surface and its difficult to see where to break and cars ahead seem to get lost in the colour of this ridiculous line.

I like the email system they have put back into the game which is similar to 'Championship Edition' from a few years ago. More helmet designs in career mode is also cool. But as I said I'm disappointed with the graphics so far and they look closer to the 6 year old Championship Edition than F1 2010 IMO. I'm going to have a play with the settings and see if I can optimize them for my system and hopefully this will improve.
    What system have you got Henners?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Maybe we should all comment in the F1 2011 thread at the top of the page

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    A ps3.
    Ah
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The graphics on the otherhand are nowhere near as good as the last game. The environment renders lack texture and the colour looks false. I loved to be able to see the surface of the tyre in the last game as the sun lit up the surface but the Pirelli tyres look like solid black shapes that don't really look realistic IMO.

But as I said I'm disappointed with the graphics so far and they look closer to the 6 year old Championship Edition than F1 2010 IMO. I'm going to have a play with the settings and see if I can optimize them for my system and hopefully this will improve.
    The graphics problem you're talking about is now a known issue on the PS3 for F1 2011. I read a couple of threads on the Codemasters forum. I have no idea why only the PS3 has problems so far. Lots of users are complaining about pixelated track, lacking texture, and oversaturated color.

Someone did a side-by-side F1 2010 and F1 2011 comparison for the PC, and IMO the F1 2011 just looks brilliant. With the brighter sunlight, it makes F1 2010 look dull and depressing. Plus PC users are reporting a frame rate jump, which means it runs smoother now.

[youtube]zRaBleTt8gk[/youtube]

I have the game loaded and everything, will play it tomorrow. Can't wait!

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    I noticed yesterday that while taking turn 8 in Turkey that with it floored, the rear easily breaks out. I managed to put the car in a violent spin that seemed to not stop. I bet i went around 3-4 times before finally crashing. That never happened with last year's game.
    I took a little wing off the front and it seemed to help, yet boy is it sensitive with the steering.
    I've noticed that i've had to run a stiffer suspension than before.

Anybody experience the safetycar, yet??
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent