Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 game

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Formula 1 game

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/4/9239.html

Made by a company named Codemasters and looks like crap.
    I haven't seen graphics like that since 1992.

Glad it's not offered for the Xbox 360.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    It's not that bad considering it's an early build for the Wii and freakin' PSP.

They are bringing out F1 2009 for those consoles, and doing a proper next-gen F1 2010 for PS3 and 360 to be released next season.

I'm gutted to be honest, but at least we have F1 CE on PS3 which still does a good job of quenching the thirst for console F1 even at it's venerable age.

I know Codies will do a good job on these games.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Championship Edition was alright. I liked the old cars and liveries, but other than that the game was pretty shallow. Had more fun playing Ace Combat 4 than a toned down F1 game.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Yeah those graphics look crap.

Hope the final version is much better (not that I'm getting it).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not worried at all. Having played Codemaster racing games in the past, I have confidence that they'll do a good job.

As far as the graphics are concerned, these screenshots look ok for the PSP. I mean, we're talking about the PSP here people - not the XBOX 360 or PS3!!! Anyone who has seen DiRT or Grid for those systems knows that you really won't have to worry about the graphics.

Gameplay is another thing altogether - especially trying to strike a fine balance between Sim and Arcade.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Graphics for PS3 and Xbox 360 will be fine, and I have confidence that codies will make a fantastic game, they have a thing for racing games.

just annoyed that i have to wait another year, when they very clearly told us F1 2009 would be released for PS3 and Xbox 360 this september. so they lied.

Maybe they should be disqualified?

just aslong as F1 2010 is absolutely superb, i will eventually be fine.............
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Those look like pre-production shots to me. I would bet the finished product would look much nicer.

Although I won't be getting it since I like playing on my PC - it's Grand Prix 4 modded for me! (Ralf-y and me as JPM lead both championships heading into Barcelona!)
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Hmm...looks OK I guess but GP2 (the game, not the series) was still better

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ykiki
    I'm not worried at all. Having played Codemaster racing games in the past, I have confidence that they'll do a good job.

As far as the graphics are concerned, these screenshots look ok for the PSP. I mean, we're talking about the PSP here people - not the XBOX 360 or PS3!!! Anyone who has seen DiRT or Grid for those systems knows that you really won't have to worry about the graphics.

Gameplay is another thing altogether - especially trying to strike a fine balance between Sim and Arcade.
    Exactly what I was going to say. In fact, you stole the words from my mouth. Probably people didn't see that those screenshots were for the PSP (handheld) and Wii. I have no doubt that the PS3 and X360 version is gonna look superb!

Also, the F1 game is gonna use the same game engine as DiRT and Grid, and having played those games, this game looks to be way better than what F1 CE hopes to be.

Codies have been bringing us for years Colin Mcrae Rally and TOCA, with their new avatars being DiRT and Grid and never disappointed me being a huge racing game fan. Have some more patience, and I'm sure the game is gonna rule all.

For guys that don't know, take a look at some movies of both of the games running on the same engine the new F1 game is gonna be based on.

DiRT: [youtube]_3iRmbzWye8[/youtube]

AND

GRID: http://www.racedrivergrid.com/#/movies/

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Well DIRT and GRID did use the same engine, but CM have said that F1, at least 2010 will be a simulation. But they admit they will have to cater for non-sim players too, given the mass appeal of F1.

I'm sure they'll do well with it.