Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    I agree. It is about time that the agressive blocking got put in its place.
    Nascar has never had the balls to penalize (unless its non-household names), they talk the talk, but can't walk the walk
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought Jeff Burton spinning Kyle Busch out at the front of pack was a real stupid piece of driving,although admitedly Kyle's blocking was a little over zealous at times.
    I just have to mention also that i had £1 on Brad to win the race at 200-1 how cool is that !!!

On a more serious note i hope there werent any injuries in the crowd,ive heard from elswehere some people were stretchered away to the medical centre.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    Nascar has never had the balls to penalize (unless its non-household names), they talk the talk, but can't walk the walk
    The last thing needed is more rules & penalties to be handed out at random. Let them race.
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2mtt
    Another big one. 9 to go. Robby Gordon's life just got saved by safer-barrier. That was the worst kind of crash ever, where a car gets redirected head-on into a wall.
    Yes, that straight-on hit into the wall looked terrible, it is the worst way to impact the wall.
    I expected they would carry Robby Gordon off but thankfully the safer-barrier did it's job.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb it is time ...

Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    I agree. It is about time that the agressive blocking got put in its place.
    I think blocking should be STOPPED !!!

from another thread :
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceFanStan
    People don't want to talk about the real issue involved.
    The yellow line rule is fine, the real issue is BLOCKING !!!
    NASCAR needs to outlaw blocking & penalize drivers that perform it.
    Drivers blocking has gotten out of hand & it is time NASCAR does something about it IMO.
    IT'S CALLED RACING, blocking a driver from passing is NOT racing, it's stupid.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Talladega is not racing, its a demo derby worse than Bristol. the last one that shot Robby to the infield wall was a farce. Johnson told the media the right thing cause there were 2 idiots that didn't believe their race was over yet so they were doing bonzai moves and caused a big wreck, if Robby's hit was 100 feet later, he could be in critical condition right now.

the way the cars run today, the closing rate is so fast unlike the old cars where breakaways did happen

if they want to race at Dega and Daytona, fine, but drop the banking to 15-20 degrees so they have to left off the gas.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    Talladega is not racing, its a demo derby worse than Bristol.........if they want to race at Dega and Daytona, fine, but drop the banking to 15-20 degrees so they have to left off the gas.
    The last few Bristol races have been a lot tamer with the new banking. However, reprofiling a race track 2 2/3 mile round would cost a load of money, which i doubt the track owners could afford.

I watched the race and the whole pack was trying to wreck from lap 1 thru to the end. Edwards flip and fence destroying crash was due to racing hard with the knowledge that these cars are safe - Michael McDowell proving this beyond doubt last year.

The fact remains that restricter plates gives too much of a level playing field and promotes pack racing. What is needed is an aero device which creates both drag and turbulent air, enough to reduce pack racing but not so much that it prevents it outright.

What happened yesterday at the end of the race was a rare and freak accident. Its very easy to have a knee-jerk reaction and spoil what is, generally, a safe sport. Like F1 did after Senna's death.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Lots of good comments, I'd like to add a couple of thoughts.

It's hard to predict every scenario, and I think Carl's car would have come down alright and just hit the wall like normal, but it was launched by Newman's. Being the last lap, everybody was keeping their foot in it also was a contributing factor.

Speaking of Newman, when I first saw the accident, I was more worried about him being injured or killed by a part of Carls car intruding the cockpit than I was anybody else. It was scary the way the car hit the windshield.

Something being lost in the shuffle here is that a James Finch owned car won a race. This is as close as we're going to get to an independent/part-timer winning this day and age. In case anybody forgets, this is one of the infamous "start and park" cars of a few years ago, that caused an outrage when Joe Ruttman started a race at Rockingham and they didn't even have a pit crew.

Brad Keselowski only led one lap, and it's also the only lap he has led in Cup.

It was also one of the purest, unbridled joy victory lane celebrations I have seen in a long time. Congratulations Brad! You deserve it!
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The final lap crash was shown on the news here in the UK. Not a massive story but it's the first time for a long time NASCAR has been shown.