Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bans?

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello

So, in response to Pino saying it's not of my business.....it very much is when I'm asked to clarify on behalf of somebody who Pino has banned.
    I said reasons why he's been banned are none of your business, I knew you were action on behalf of ioan and told you how long he's been banned for, and that's it. When/if ioan will back, I am ready to discuss with him his ban and reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Basset
    ... a little more politeness from the mods would be appreciated..
    I don't know about other Mods but I could say the same...a little more help, politeness, understanding and support from the members would be very apprecciated after all we do all this work for free, nada, rien, niente, ingenting...
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    I said reasons why he's been banned are none of your business, I knew you were action on behalf of ioan and told you how long he's been banned for, and that's it. When/if ioan will back, I am ready to discuss with him his ban and reasons

I don't know about other Mods but I could say the same...a little more help, politeness, understanding and support from the members would be very apprecciated after all we do all this work for free, nada, rien, niente, ingenting...

Yeah but Pino, your a mod cos you want to be one LOL and take the reporting posts i did.. it would of been nice over that 27hrs of inactivity (inc the one word that was in the thread header) to of just had a mod say "thanks"... thats all, just one word but there was nothing at all and so to get the comments like " i allowed you back on this forum" and others above doesn't make it sound all that good. If i talked to my employees here like mods talk to people, i wouldn't have good hard working employees.. its all about give and take jmofwiw

and thats all i got to say on it.. have to keep the USA wheels of industry lubricated

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

happy now

BTW I do all this work for free too
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    ...Why not just put the reason member x was banned and the length of the ban somewhere on the forum......on this sub-forum seems as good as any....so atleast we can see what's what...
    What purpose would that serve?
    Personally, I don't need to know the specifics of why a member was banned. I find the mods here quite lenient and if a member was banned, it’s obviously because they were blatantly violating the rules of the board, which are available for all to see.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    What purpose would that serve?
    Personally, I don't need to know the specifics of why a member was banned. I find the mods here quite lenient and if a member was banned, it’s obviously because they were blatantly violating the rules of the board, which are available for all to see.

Where's the smiley for 'you've hit the nail on the head'?

To add to that: if I was a new member innocently venturing onto here for the first time, the last thing I'd want to see would be a list of who's banned and why as a public display!
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    I would like to say I am shocked that austin brammer has been banned. The mods are over sensitive...
    Niente è vero, tutto è permesso

Which, from here, looks like you can't give a reasonable reason.

Maybe you can, if so why not say?

That's the problem, Pino....maybe by being so unreasonable, it's not helping you get the
    little more help, politeness, understanding and support from the members
    that you request....maybe?

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I agree with schmenke on that point. It's generally quite obvious to most.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    if poor ioan was banned becuase of something he said about me, I forgive him for his transgressions and i am shocked that he would be so banned for such.

indeeed, i miss the little ionian.....

OTOH, if he was talikng about momma...well, ban him most permanently

and as to dunnell, well whatever....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts

When I was banned the login page stated that the ban would "never" be lifted....it was only when I got an email from a forum member to tell me that Pino had said it was a one month ban that I knew I wasn't banished for eternity.

I had confirmation of the length of my ban confirmed when I was able to log back in after a month.....I had a nice note from Pino telling me I was banned for a month. Very useful.
    Pretty much the same. I was banned for a month, no email message, nothing. Except the login page stated "the ban will never be lifted" When I sent a mail, there was no reply. Only a private message telling me that I am banned, which I only managed to read after the ban.

But the real comedy is when a moderator gives you 3 warning points for asking someone, in a joking manner, if he had ever showered.
    "signature room for rent"