Just want to know why the reason for bans aren't made 'public'? How are we supposed to know what is over-the-mark if the only people who know are the moderators (who never reply to reasonable and polite requests for info, much like faceless bureaucrats the world over!) and the banned....

Oh, except that when a ban happens, you send a very nice PM explaining the reason but since the person you've sent it to is banned they can't get in to read it.....in effect, you sentence and hang somebody then tell them why you've hung them a month later.

Why not just put the reason member x was banned and the length of the ban somewhere on the forum......on this sub-forum seems as good as any....so atleast we can see what's what.

And, yes, I'm quite happy for the world to know what I said to xxxxxxx and xxxxx-xx (the names have been changed to protect the innocent), as I suspect most people would be happy to have their ban explained.

This ridiculous non-response from moderators is pointless....it just alienates and raises suspicions that some bans are personal and not deserved.

So, what's wrong with transparency? What are you afraid of?