Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell

My observation is that the British round of the championship today generates far less general interest, far less media coverage and doesn't attract as many spectators as it used to. In my opinion, this isn't solely down to there being no front-running British drivers any more. It has happened since the event stopped being a truly national affair in terms of its geographical coverage.
I believe you are right, but I don`t think you can draw those conclusions when it comes to some of the other traditional events. The old RAC Rally was a very special event in peoples minds, and modern cloverleaf format hasn`t suited or given any benefits to your rally. That is true. But when you look at the overall picture, with new countries coming into the WRC, generating much bigger interest in lots of countries and regions where rallying before was a small national affair (for instance Norway, Ireland, Jordan, Poland etc...), maybe the global public interest when it comes to WRC-rallying actually has risen.