Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop-98
    When I was working up my list I struggled whom to leave out. On a street course I think you can have 10 potential top performers maybe more.

Of course, when you have a hard time picking out your top 6 or 8, that ain't a bad thing.

What about the time, should we have a pick the pole ?

I think I may fit this one in, should be interesting to see the new Long Beach Grand Prix,,,,

rh
    any idea if there is a shuttle from the long beach airport to/from the track?

Jet flys from Salt lake....gets in at 8:55....leaves at 7:50...

I'd miss warm-up.... but could have a King taco carnitas burrito for breakfast during the lights race
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    did you catch the comment about Dornboos during the broadcast that he was struggling with braking.....

I expect him to move a bit up the grid next week....I'll pick Dornboos as top qualifying rookie
    Ken, I agree - he will be very fast.
    I had Dornboos picked for a top 7 finish in my pickems for St Pet.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    any idea if there is a shuttle from the long beach airport to/from the track?

Jet flys from Salt lake....gets in at 8:55....leaves at 7:50...

I'd miss warm-up.... but could have a King taco carnitas burrito for breakfast during the lights race
    I'm in Vegas Friday so I would probably drive in, haven't cked out airport trans, I am sure they have super shuttle or someone...

rh
    "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Hoop...any idea on a lap time for LB? Are the Dallara's slower or faster than the Dp-01's? I figure they will be a hair slower but not radically so.....

As for my picks...well I didn't get to watch St. Pete's so I will just say I am guessing Dixon and Briscoe fighting for the win with Power lurking in the weeds waiting for the two of them to take each other out...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    69.4 is my guess about 2-3 seconds a lap slower than the DP01....

rh
    "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://www.versus.com/nw/article/vie...f=indycar2.tpl

nicely done Vs

it will be interesting to see how Vs handles the virtual laps on the ovals
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://www.versus.com/nw/article/vie...f=indycar2.tpl

nicely done Vs

it will be interesting to see how Vs handles the virtual laps on the ovals

The one they did for St. Pete was cool too. Glad to see these guys pulling out the stops. As I said earlier, when I first heard they would be the primary broadcaster I was skeptical at best. But now, I am VERY impressed with the job they are doing and the crosss promotion on other non-Comcast cable channels.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yea, they really are doing a good job of the virtual laps. Are they using that iRacing program to produce those laps or some other program? That would be a lot of digital work for them to do simply for one lap around each track.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    At Edmonton last season the fastest Dallara's were equal to the bottom third of the DP-01 field in 2007, 2-3 secs off the front of the field. I don't mind the slight difference in pace as much as the fact that the Dallaras just look ungainly on the street circuits. Something needs to be done about that for the new car, besides just in the engine department. The car is so heavily engineered for the ovals with regards to speed, aero, and safety that it's a borderline embarassment on some of these street circuits. There have been a ton of expensive parts made for the Dallara in the last 3-5 years that has made it acceptable as far as performance, but it still looks terrible and is very difficult to make quick moves and passes without crashing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am going with Danica for the win at Long Beach but Doornbos should do well this weekend.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion