Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    As president of the FIA, I'm not sure Max was talking about racing engines only! Look at the auto manufacturers in this economy and you begin to see Max's quest for total domination of all autos! Max has become the "Engine-Nazi!"
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Get that guy out, please.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    By single engine, does he mean a single set of specifications for the base of the engine so that every manufacturer can make an engine, something similar to how S2000 specs apply to touring and rally cars, or does he mean one engine supplier for everything?
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    By single engine, does he mean a single set of specifications for the base of the engine so that every manufacturer can make an engine, something similar to how S2000 specs apply to touring and rally cars, or does he mean one engine supplier for everything?
    He means one engine supplier for anything

Well...he dresses it up by saying that manufacturers will be free to work on things like "KERS" and the like, but in terms of the traditional idea of an engine (block, pistons, cylinder heads, crankshaft etc.) - this is a "standard" engine, pure and simple.

Somebody needs to remind Max that motorsport is supposed to be about cars (of which the engine is an integral part) and not just drivers.

Like I said, if it was a case of one engine formula that could be applied across a number of series, I for one would welcome it, but Max is so much of a <insert offensive expletive here>, that he just cant help taking the seeds of a decent idea and totally steamrollering it...

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    I have no words......
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Scrub that I do.

If one woman is not enough for you Max. How can one engine be enough for F1, WRC etc?
    All other opinions are wrong....