Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Half points

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inimitablestoo
    I'd love to ask Bernie, out of interest, whether under his new system, Jenson would have taken half a win yesterday? :
    LOL! I'll get the saw!
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inimitablestoo
    For that matter, on an historic point, IIRC this was the first Grand Prix to be red-flagged to a halt, and not restarted, since Canada 1997.
    The 2003 Brazilian Grand Prix wasnt restarted
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    sorry this was to plead my ignorance of thread Mark has started off cleverly.

The last occurrence was nearly two decades ago, The race can stop anytime once the race undeserved of another effect. I just think of any accident shouldn't ruin legality of a race for its half points.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leopardsleeping
    sorry this was to plead my ignorance of thread Mark has started off cleverly.

The last occurrence was nearly two decades ago, The race can stop anytime once the race undeserved of another effect. I just think of any accident shouldn't ruin legality of a race for its half points.

Agreed. Button worked just as hard to get that win as he did in Melbourne, so should have been rewarded accordingly.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emporer_k
    Spain 1975 of course being the only time a woman has ever scored points, and she only managed half a point.
    Yep, Lella Lombardi in a March, came up from 24th on the grid too, it was also Jochen Mass's only GP win

The others i know of

Austria 1975 - Won by Vittorio Brambilla in a March who then crashed on the pit stright while celebrating

Monaco 1984 - Won by Alain Prost after he appealed to the stewards to stop the race after Ayrton Senna and Stefan Bellof were closing in on him by as much as 4 seconds a lap, ironically if he allowed the race to continue to 3 quarter distance he would have ended up being world champion instead of losing by half a point to Niki Lauda, the smallest world championship winning margin in history

Adelaide 1991 - Won by Ayrton Senna when the race was stopped despite suffering the exact same conditions in the same race 2 years earlier when the race went the full distance
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    The 2003 Brazilian Grand Prix wasnt restarted
    Of course! Why didn't I remember that one? Given the whole confusion over who'd actually won it, it did come to mind on Sunday when they were trying to work out who'd finished where :
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    with the original results of the 2003 Brazilian Grand Prix why weren't the drivers given half the points?

They thought they stopped the race on lap 55, so Kimi was given the win for being the leader at the end of lap 53, lap 53 was less that 75%
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    with the original results of the 2003 Brazilian Grand Prix why weren't the drivers given half the points?

They thought they stopped the race on lap 55, so Kimi was given the win for being the leader at the end of lap 53, lap 53 was less that 75%
    Yeah, spot on I think.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woody2goody
    Yeah, spot on I think.
    When they re-caclulated it to the end of lap 54 giving Fisichella the win, that was the limit for 75% race distance...

...i think
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm sure that was it, one of my favourite races ever that one, was absolutely brilliant to watch.

All those cars crashing at turn 3, I remember Schumacher, Montoya, Pizzonia, Button, maybe Wilson as well.

I remember Panis' suspension breaking and T-boning Firman. Firman was infront of eventual winner Fisichella, and the Giancarlo was lucky that it was the Irishman that was taken out of the race!