Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Unhappy Judd Greedy R.I.P.

Australian Supersport rider Judd Greedy was killed during the Tasmanian round of ASBK. He crashed and was hit by 2 riders that were unable to avoid the fallen bike and rider, one of the bikes exploded. The second rider was taken to hospital while the third rider escaped serious injury.

Judd Greedy got his first career win at Phillip Island round that was part of the WSBK support races and was join-first in the championship.

An unfortunate reminder of the risks all the riders take for the sport we all love. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tragic seconds at the Plains ... One killed and two hurt in bike smash

BY PETER SANDERS AND AAP

6/04/2009 12:00:00 AM
    ONE motorcycle racer was killed and two were injured in a horrific accident during the opening Superstock race at Symmons Plains yesterday morning.
    The dead rider is believed to have been Judd Greedy, 29, of NSW, who was riding with a Queensland-based team, and the accident led to the abandonment of all racing.

An eyewitness said that Greedy was leading the race on lap three when he high- sided his 600cc racer on the exit from the "bus stop" on to the main straight and was unable to get off the track before the packed field reached him.

Two riders in the middle of the pack were unable to avoid the fallen bike and rider and one of the bikes exploded in a fireball as its fuel tank ignited on impact.

The heat of the fireball reached spectators on the bank beside the track.

The 29-year-old was treated by medical personnel but died at the scene, with a second rider being taken to the Launceston General Hospital.

The third rider escaped serious injury.

Although no names were released by Tasmania Police or the sport's governing body, Motorcycling Australia, the motorcycle racing community is small and close-knit and news travels fast.

Internet blogs were yesterday afternoon full of messages of condolence to the family and friends of the fatally injured rider.

Reigning Australian Superbike champion Glenn Allerton, who had qualified on pole for the Superbike race, did not blame the circuit for the incident.

"That part of the track is quite challenging as you're trying to get hard on the throttle for the run down the straight," he said.

"If you're in a group of riders, then you don't get much time to react if there's an incident in front of you.

"Other tracks have similar sections - it's not just something unique to this circuit."
    A meeting of riders contesting all five national championship classes at the Symmons Plains round was called by senior race officials and Motorcycling Australia, with clerk of the course Tom Williams agreeing to abandon the meeting following a rider vote.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He will be greatly missed

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    That's sad news. Condolences to his family and friends.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Terrible, terrible news...

Judd was an excellent talent and this is yet another tragic reminder of the extreme danger contained in the sport we love so much..

RIP mate..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Asombre article of the incident and Judd himself - http://bikes.drive.com.au/Editorial/...eID=62032&vf=2

Yes he will be greatly missed as he was not just a racer but in my intereactions with him at some meetings he was a genuine guy with no self pretentions who enjoyed his racing, a true gentleman is now gone.

Garry

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Really gut wrenching news. A life cut tragically short. At least he was living life to the fullest doing what he loved though I'm sure that is cold comfort to his family and friends right now.

My fullest sympathies and condolences.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Some pictures from Qatar and a sign for Judd...

http://www.chrisvermeulen.com/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    From the ASBK (Australian Superbike) website - http://www.asbk.com.au/jg99/index.html

Messages can be left.

Garry