Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    red flag came out part way through lap 32, therefore last completed racing lap was 31 so results declared as end of lap 31.
    Rules are very clear on this and have been called upon several times over the last 20-30 years or so.

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones
    The Speedtv guys said that the order is determined on the lap before the last lap run. So that is where the final order came from.
    The sporting regs, for once, are very clear on this:

43.2) Should for any reason the end-of-race signal be given before the leading car completes the scheduled number of laps, or the prescribed time has been completed, the race will be deemed to have finished when the leading car last crossed the Line before the signal was given.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know the SC was called out(and then the red flag) for safety reason I agree with but I feel Glock was sort of robbed of a win, as I think he was going to cacth Button in 1-2 laps... anyway I'm not complaining as I truly agree with the reasons to stop the race
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebody
    The sporting regs, for once, are very clear on this:

43.2) Should for any reason the end-of-race signal be given before the leading car completes the scheduled number of laps, or the prescribed time has been completed, the race will be deemed to have finished when the leading car last crossed the Line before the signal was given.
    Thats not the rule that applies here. For the situation we had in Malaysia rule 42.8 from section 42) RESUMING A RACE applies

42.8 If the race cannot be resumed the results will be taken at the end of the penultimate lap before the lap during which the signal to suspend the race was given.
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have to admit that the end was confusing due to the frantic activity with everyone pitting (some twice in 2 laps!) and then cars spinning off followed by the safety car. I am glad that I'm not an official scorer on this one! This is a race finish that really should be reviewed carefully.
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Webber was robbed too... but rules are rules. We'll just have to get over it.
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari
    Webber was robbed too... but rules are rules. We'll just have to get over it.
    Yep. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    Yep. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.
    Don't you mean "Sometimes you win, sometimes you Webber".
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebody
    Glock really got robbed, he took Heidfeld one corner after the "end" of the race.

And given the fact that the counter decremented between that and the red flag (the BBC have *really* trimmed down the highlights), I'm not 100% sure they made the right call about the lap ending the race...
    LINK PLEASE
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    LINK PLEASE
    Ummm... how? I watched this on the telly, not on teh interwebz.