Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Best and worst Burgers

Best: My Buffalo Burgers.

I really meant restaurant burgers.
    Best: Licks (a small chain) make a really good burger.
    I have had good burgers in many mom and pop retaurants.
    Worst: White Castle (you eat the box they come in and throw the burger to the crows or seagulls then shut your window quickly before they throw it back.)
    Most race track burgers rate a close second.
    Most over rated: The famous Webers on Highway 11 north of Orillia.
    Not nearly as good as when they when they started and
    never all that great but the place is a happening.

PS If any body says Wendy's for best I will probably throw up.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Buffalo burgers kick some serious azz. With just the right seasoning, they are hard to beat. Burgers made from lean Angus are also very good. When my dad was still around and we had the farm, we had our own meat ground. So the best cuts from the cattle, hogs and the odd deer went into the grinder. I miss those days.

The best "restaurant burger" that I ever had was a creation called the "Gus Burger". Served only at the White Spot restaurant in Charlottesville, VA. A big cheeseburger with a fried egg placed on top - you could stand there and watch it fry... while you were fried. I haven't had one in 20 years or so, and I've never eaten one while sober (:dozey ... but at 3AM when it was cold and the ol' stomach was rumbling, it was hard to beat a Gus Burger. The White Spot was the right spot.

I've had some expensive (read "overpriced") burgers at restaurants, etc. But until I get to try a Kobe burger, I doubt I'll find a burger that tops what my parents used to provide.

As far as (any) chain burgers: Most are edible... that's about all I would say.

P.S. I've also heard that Scottish Highland beef is out of this world. It's hard to come by but well worth the effort from what I've heard.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I used to eat at a little diner called White Manna at Hackensack NJ, they made the best little burgers
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Best? Forgive me for blowing my own trumpet but I make lovely burgers with fresh beef, onion, worcestershire sauce and my own blend of herbs and spices - they're even better if you BBQ them.

Honourable mention to the greasy van which used to park up outside a nearby B&Q. Heaven knows what's in their burgers, and the calorie count is probably best left to the imagination, but I'm drooling even thinking about them

The worst ones, by a country mile, are the limp lukewarm tasteless slices of crap served up by a McDonalds near you.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Best: Mine

Worst: McDonald's (but my kids refuse to beleive )

Suprizingly, the McDonald's in russia are much much better than the USA version.....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fast food?

Best: In-n-Out

Worst: Wendy's
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    Worst: McDonald's (but my kids refuse to beleive )

Suprizingly, the McDonald's in russia are much much better than the USA version.....

Have to agree, McD's over here is like chewing cardboard, although they do seem to differ in taste and quality from branch to branch, only ever as a very last resort.
    I dont really eat them much and so haven't tried a lot of different burgers to have an experienced opinion, but Burger Kings Angus and Whoppers are quite tasty.. especially when topped with extra Bacon.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    mmmmmm... Burgers.

Best: Fuddruckers

Worst: The usual suspects... :
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    We have some different chains here in Ireland. I'm mostly a chipper guy so you probably wouldn't be familiar with those.

Best: Eddie Rockets, even if you have to wait an age. I understand some American/Canadian members might think 'meh', but the American style of burger there is different to most other types in restaurants around Ireland inc. McDonald's, Burger King etc

Worst: McDonald's. Its a typical choice but they are so bad. Most burger stalls which rip you off at sporting events and the music festivals are certainly up there (down there?) too.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Cummins
    I understand some American/Canadian members might think 'meh', but the American style of burger there is different to most other types in restaurants around Ireland inc.
    I'm getting hungry just talking about this. But what's different about the burgers there, the toppings or the way the meat is seasoned?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith