Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    It's a shame that he crashed today, because this will probably affect his confidence for the next few rallies.
    Or then this was just a tough reminder to take it one race at the time, one stage at the time. This off was a mixture of personal mistake and bad luck quite clearly.

For the next two rallies, New Zealand and Portugal, both are something that should fit his driving very well, but also something where he has made costly errors on previous occasions. If he makes a mistake on NZ, it will for sure make it harder for him to prepare for Portugal where he had that major off last year. But this is all whats and ifs.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    In my opinion it isn't fair to blame him already, he's been consistent in past rallys, and this mistake wasn't as silly as the one Hirvonen made in Jordan.

I believe that through this year we will see Latvala easily challenge for podiums and most importantly, without crashing out.

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44
    In my opinion it isn't fair to blame him already, he's been consistent in past rallys, and this mistake wasn't as silly as the one Hirvonen made in Jordan.

I believe that through this year we will see Latvala easily challenge for podiums and most importantly, without crashing out.
    Exactly what I think and hope.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori
    Exactly what I think and hope.
    I fully blame Citroen for being on such great form in all events and over most surfaces. I am sure Ford have a lot of resources and money but they just for me haven't found that formula to compete strongly with the French team.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EavesFan09
    I fully blame Citroen for being on such great form in all events and over most surfaces. I am sure Ford have a lot of resources and money but they just for me haven't found that formula to compete strongly with the French team.
    Not sure about the money part... Last year and the years before that have been really poor for Ford moneywise. It might be that Citroen has more money to be put to rally than Ford does. And it has been showing IMO this year clearly.
    Blessed are the woodheads since when the flood will arise they won't drown.

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodeye
    Not sure about the money part... Last year and the years before that have been really poor for Ford moneywise. It might be that Citroen has more money to be put to rally than Ford does. And it has been showing IMO this year clearly.
    I think that this year they may be more stable, finacial wise.

Ford is the number 1 seller in Europe right now, and Europe is a competitive market.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EavesFan09
    hopefully ford will be more competetive with next years fiesta 1.6T

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44
    I think that this year they may be more stable, finacial wise.

Ford is the number 1 seller in Europe right now, and Europe is a competitive market.
    Yes, true. But the budget for this year was decided last year. So in theory if everything goes well this year, next year they should have bigger budget.
    Blessed are the woodheads since when the flood will arise they won't drown.

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Latvala crashed again in Portugal, so he has little chance of ever becoming champion against the new french rally legend....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    Latvala crashed again in Portugal, so he has little chance of ever becoming champion against the new french rally legend....
    Ogier crashed again in New Zealand, so he has little chance of ever becoming champion against the new Finish rally legend...

See, I can make nonsense statements based on the result of one rally too