Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    With all due respect but when do you guys believe that it's not the point of Malcom wanting to have Marcus but Marcus not wanting to come back.

Interesting quick interview of Risto Mannisenmäki who spoke in behalf of Matti Rantanen. I think they have a seat in Ford in plans... Latvala's seat.
    No one has said so(at least not me) I was reffering to the only two that CAN take point away from Citroen M1. And don't fool yourself AF, It's all about the money, even for Bosse.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gard
    And don't fool yourself AF, It's all about the money, even for Bosse.

For part of the calendar, yes, I agree.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Yes, JML had done some bad things among all the latest was the absolute worst one. BUT still he´s the current only one who is capable to drive faster than Loeb (except of course Mikko) in NORF.

There´s one doubt and that´s of course if he can manage to the end of the rally, but you have to belive he´d learned to be focused all the way by now.

So yes, MW is doing the only thing he can do, and that´s letting JML stay in Ford WRC team.

But intersting would be PG in a Stobart... :
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
    According this article (sorry it is in Spanish)

http://www.as.com/motor/articulo/ral...asdaimot_6/Tes

Ford is in conversations with Sordo for next year and Wilson will try with Gronholm for some rallies this year (after Finland where JML has been confirmed).

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fide
    According this article (sorry it is in Spanish)

http://www.as.com/motor/articulo/ral...asdaimot_6/Tes

Ford is in conversations with Sordo for next year and Wilson will try with Gronholm for some rallies this year (after Finland where JML has been confirmed).
    This's something like a GIVEEEEE MEEEE ALLLL YOUUUU GOTTTTT from current driver (JML) or drive for free (Malcolm W.: hahahhahaahahahaha).. XD

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I cant see Petter driving for MW... I think it would last 1/2 a rally and either Petter would tell the press that MW is a moron and or MW would pull the plug. I cant see those two personalities working together (especially since Petter has started his own team)

I like JML and enjoy watching him throw the car around, the truth is that it appears that he has to push to his limit far more than Sordo, Miko and of course Loeb. JML is good...But does not seem to be able to keep the pace AND keep get the car back to service.

I dont think Henning has the talent to drive as a #2 with BP Ford. (dont get me wrong, Henning is by far my favorite driver, I love his attitude)

Fact is that Ford is destined to play second fiddle for at least the next few years regardless if Ford signs Sordo. Citroen has been doing a great job of securing the future tallent with the Jr team. Unless Ford takes a page from the Citroen book, they will struggle for the foreseeable futrue.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not too surprising, Hirvonen did the same thing in Killeri when he drove for Subaru, he didn't win any rallies that year. Then Subaru dropped him, they may have regretted it later.

I just love seeing Malcom getting all pissed everytime Latvala crashes.

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    Interesting quick interview of Risto Mannisenmäki who spoke in behalf of Matti Rantanen. I think they have a seat in Ford in plans... Latvala's seat.
    Well, with all due respect I hardly see Ford (or anyone else for that matter) hiring a driver who only has experience from his home round of WRC.

Even Ketomaa has more chances if he does well in the Subaru, he at least did PRWC last year

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts

lateral thinking

What driver talent searches are being conducted in the UAE. Surely there is an Abu Dhabi taxi driver quicker than the current 3rd team car A D driver and nominate him for the point scoring.
    The paint and panel people at M-Sport must love JML, surely with all the overtime they need to put in to straighten his cars, they can now afford to send their children to better schools.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD
    Well, with all due respect I hardly see Ford (or anyone else for that matter) hiring a driver who only has experience from his home round of WRC.

Even Ketomaa has more chances if he does well in the Subaru, he at least did PRWC last year
    Yes, I know. I said they have Ford seat in their eyes, not the other way around.

But, Rantanen driving for Munchi must be some sort of reward from last and also some sort of audition for the future don't you think?
    Another Flying Finn